8-31-24 hunt with a lil silver

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
A friend of mine that doesn't detect but likes to prospect for gold gave me a lead on a good spot that opened up, so I got out and had some fun.
We always hope for a great outing but usually things aren't all that grand.
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
1726266717139.jpeg

1726266770934.jpeg

When I first saw the little grey disc I thought it was one of those aluminum play money coins but in my hand I could tell it was too heavy. Couldn't see anything on the one side, flipped it over and thought I had found an old 5cent fish scale from up north.
1726266857023.jpeg

1726266898185.jpeg

Once home and cleaning up, I still thought it was a 5 cent silver from Canada.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Came to the office to get on line to do a little research, (I don't have internet at the house) and the bust was all wrong for Canada. Turns out it's a British 3 pence minted in 1891. The back is worn even worse than the front.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I've found 3 pence coins before but not made of silver;
1726266939044.jpeg

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I realized a little later that I had posted on PBS's thread about his trime and that I'd sure like to find one of little coins the day before I managed this little keeper. My only 3 cent silver ever found tectin'.
It's not a trime, but being a metro Denver coinshooter it just might be the closest I'll ever come.
I'm grateful for the find and think just maybe PBS's post gave me a little luck, so thanks again, PleaseBeSeated and Happy Hunting All.

Last edited:
Upvote 12
Nice ones! All of them finds are interesting. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

A friend of mine that doesn't detect but likes to prospect for gold gave me a lead on a good spot that opened up, so I got out and had some fun.
We always hope for a great outing but usually things aren't all that grand.
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail
View attachment 2168696
View attachment 2168697
When I first saw the little grey disc I thought it was one of those aluminum play money coins but in my hand I could tell it was too heavy. Couldn't see anything on the one side, flipped it over and thought I had found an old 5cent fish scale from up north.
View attachment 2168698
View attachment 2168699
Once home and cleaning up, I still thought it was a 5 cent silver from Canada.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Came to the office to get on line to do a little research, (I don't have internet at the house) and the bust was all wrong for Canada. Turns out it's a British 3 pence minted in 1891. The back is worn even worse than the front.
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I've found 3 pence coins before but not made of silver;
View attachment 2168700
GetAttachmentThumbnail

I realized a little later that I had posted on PBS's thread about his trime and that I'd sure like to find one of little coins the day before I managed this little keeper. My only 3 cent silver ever found tectin'.
It's not a trime, but being a metro Denver coinshooter it just might be the closest I'll ever come.
I'm grateful for the find and think just maybe PBS's post gave me a little luck, so thanks again, PleaseBeSeated and Happy Hunting All.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back