• colchester march 1st. 404.jpg
    colchester march 1st. 404.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,061
  • colchester march 1st. 405.jpg
    colchester march 1st. 405.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,059
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:
I'll look through my crap box. See if any of them made it.

Daryl

Breezie why say nothing about this, I'm guessing you didn't like the fact I disagreed with one of your IDs!

There's no need to guess because I call it like I see it; so just ask. The answer is no; the mere fact of you disagreeing with one of my ID's has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with your sarcastic attitude, not just on this post, but on other post too. I didn't post anything to Daryl because his post history shows genuine concern and the willingness to help others without an attitude that his finds or knowledge is better. At first I thought it might be some type of Brit humor, but over a period of time, I've seen differently. Maybe you don't see it, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you might not even find it offensive, but your post come across as rude. There may be others who feel the same as me, but prefer not to comment for fear of being kicked to the curb or becoming the next victim. If you sincerely know in your heart my observations are wrong, then I apolgize, but if not, I stand on my opinions. Breezie

Upvote 0
Thanks again Breezie - much more elegant than I'm capable of. I'll stand behind you. I've been kicked to the curb before. One more time won't matter much.

Daryl

Upvote 0
I thought at first a little rude maybe but Cru apologized more than once, with an explanation so its good enough for me. :icon_thumright:

Where can I get them X-rayed? :sign13: :wink:

Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
I thought at first a little rude maybe but Cru apologized more than once, with an explanation so its good enough for me. :icon_thumright:

Where can I get them X-rayed? :sign13: :wink:
You could do a jackass & smuggle them into hospital & ask for an examination :laughing9: that might be a little extreme

well maybe a hammer would be cheaper :wink:

Upvote 0
BigCypressHunter

I think Breezie is talking about a history of posts not just this one. That's the way I interpreted it.

Daryl

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Breezie said:
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:

Daryl

Breezie why say nothing about this, I'm guessing you didn't like the fact I disagreed with one of your IDs!

There's no need to guess because I call it like I see it; so just ask. The answer is no; the mere fact of you disagreeing with one of my ID's has nothing to do with it. It all has to do with your sarcastic attitude, not just on this post, but on other post too. I didn't post anything to Daryl because his post history shows genuine concern and the willingness to help others without an attitude that his finds or knowledge is better. At first I thought it might be some type of Brit humor, but over a period of time, I've seen differently. Maybe you don't see it, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you might not even find it offensive, but your post come across as rude. There may be others who feel the same as me, but prefer not to comment for fear of being kicked to the curb or becoming the next victim. If you sincerely know in your heart my observations are wrong, then I apolgize, but if not, I stand on my opinions. Breezie

oh I see, you don't get my humour, well that's OK, I had a pretty rough schooling & Sarcasm was the lowest form of wit that I picked up. I don't mean any harm to anyone on here & as you are the first to speak up I applogise to you. (& anyone else I may have offended)
I say what I see & try & be a bit funny (in my own sick way) & clearly it can back-fire. :-*

No hard feels, If I feel attacked I defend

Apology accepted. Breezie

Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
BigCypressHunter

I think Breezie is talking about a history of posts not just this one. That's the way I interpreted it.

Daryl

maybe we should get back on topic instead of stirring, which I haven't got a history of :wink:

Upvote 0
Breezie said:
CRUSADER said:
Breezie said:
CRUSADER said:
BioProfessor said:

Daryl

oh I see, you don't get my humour, well that's OK, I had a pretty rough schooling & Sarcasm was the lowest form of wit that I picked up. I don't mean any harm to anyone on here & as you are the first to speak up I applogise to you. (& anyone else I may have offended)
I say what I see & try & be a bit funny (in my own sick way) & clearly it can back-fire. :-*

No hard feels, If I feel attacked I defend

Apology accepted. Breezie

No probs, I will try & think about my jokes in future, although being a worldwide forum we are bound to have a few crossed-wires from time to time (cultural differences).

Upvote 0
The reason I posted this artifact is that it seems to be old because of the patina and the place I found it there has been several tree coins found. It sa very special place, so who know what this thing could be. i will most likely toss this item in the recycling bin, but wanted to see if anyone could ID it first. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
The reason I posted this artifact is that it seems to be old because of the patina and the place I found it there has been several tree coins found. It sa very special place, so who know what this thing could be. i will most likely toss this item in the recycling bin, but wanted to see if anyone could ID it first. :icon_thumleft:

G, I'd put in a save box and not toss it. Someone may recognize it later. Breezie

Upvote 0
No one has remarked that the item in question, appears to be machine made. It sure looks like it was to me, were they machine making things in the 1600's? I don't know? It could have been cast. Looks like it may be pot metal. JMWAO..........NGE

Upvote 0
That was supposed to be my point in the first post. If the holes for what I think would be screws have sloped sides, it tells me that it uses machine-made sloped sided screws and would also indicate that it is most likely machined (or cast) in the same period. Again, that screams "modern" (post 1920) to me.

Daryl

Upvote 0
Its a curious item and if we can get pictures of any others found, it will help.

Is the center ferrous, G? I agree it has an old patina look to it. But not too old if the holes are to accomadate a beveled screw. I think we should consider the possibility that the holes may just have been crudely drilled.

Upvote 0
I think it needs to be cleaned a bit so we can tell more about that. I think the key to the age is in the holes.

Daryl

Upvote 0
Looks like the end cap off of a roll up window shade to me.

GG~

Upvote 0
This was already IDed as a window shade bracket in a prior post but Cru and I both seem to have forgotten. Thanks Goody. :icon_thumright:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,206206.0.html

They apparently were in use at least since the mid 1800's, maybe earler. They would have been nailed to wood. Later screws may have replaced the nails and caused the beveling of the holes. Found in farm fields near old homesteads. It makes sense.

Upvote 0
Great job bigcy and others. I am green checking this and suggest we all move on. ;D
Thanks all.
g

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back