colchester march 1st. 403.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,060
  • colchester march 1st. 404.jpg
    colchester march 1st. 404.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,061
  • colchester march 1st. 405.jpg
    colchester march 1st. 405.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,059
If the three holes have sloped sides for screws, its a part that fell off the tractor in the field.

Daryl

Upvote 0
Looks like a flanged wheel off of a toy train engine to me ..........NGE

Upvote 0
I found it n a field, so its more likely to be farm related. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
I find them here so that's why I think they are tractor/planter parts.

Daryl

CRUSADER said:
I find too many in many different fields...

Any chance of posting pics of the ones you guys find in fields?

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
bigcypresshunter said:
BioProfessor said:
I find them here so that's why I think they are tractor/planter parts.

Daryl

CRUSADER said:
I find too many in many different fields...

Any chance of posting pics of the ones you guys find in fields?

you have got to be joking me, how much room do you think I have left for this kinda rubbish :P I would have box of just these!

Rubbish? You call someones find rubbish? How rude. Why don't you drop your sarcasm & holy attitude cause it only shows your insecurities. Whether someone finds a rusty nail or a gold coin, they thought it important enough to take it home and then post it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you would not judge their item as rubbish. If you wish to discuss this, feel free to PM to take if off the public forum. Sincerely, Breezie

Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
you have got to be joking me, how much room do you think I have left for this kinda rubbish :P I would have box of just these!
At this point it is unidentified..

Maybe you could snap a pic of the next one you find. Then again, maybe your just not interested. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
Myself I was just curious what it was. When we find 2 or more identical items, it has a good chance of being identified. Maybe its old. :dontknow: Anything old has value to someone. Its most likely farm or tractor related and little monetary value but I would like to know for sure.

I remember tossing items only to find out at a later date they had value.

Upvote 0
Last time I checked out my crap box, I found a slave tag. There are different levels of crap.

Dirty crap
Rusty crap
Lead crap
Corroded crap
Bent crap

So if I can't tell what it is, it's crap until I clean it and ID it and then decide if it's rubbish.

Daryl

Upvote 0
For years beachcombers tossed the black cookies found on Treasure Beach back into the water because they skipped so well. Of course the black cookies were silver cobs. Just sayin... :)

Upvote 0
I think MDers in the UK toss anything less than 100 years old. Its a great place to hunt obviously.

That reminds me Ive got a couple buckets full of rusted iron soaking in fresh water from the Treasure Coast and I guess its time to dump it.

Upvote 0
My experience has been they toss anything less than 200 years old. They say 1800's? Bush it. It's crap.

Daryl

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back