New to Prescott Valley!

Brent76

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2024
My family and I moved from G.R. Michigan to Prescott Valley to be closer to my aging parents who live in the sweltering heat of Phoenix.
I have live across this great nation of ours, from Flagstaff in the late 90's(I barely recognize Flag anymore), Vail, Co in the 2000's to Chicago and then Michigan where we raised our kids, out in the forested sticks of glacial rural SW Michigan.
I have always enjoyed prospecting for gold and gems. I pulled a 24pt yellow diamond from Crater, an almost 7 carat ruby from Cherokee which cut a beautiful 3.75 carat high dome cab we set for my daughter in a butterfly pendant.
I have a goal of collecting enough gold to make a ring for my wife for our 25th anniversary. So far I've gathered 8.7g on my own. All from roadtrip prospecting over the last 16 years of marriage.
Most of it came from the Little Greenhorn River in California and the black sand deposits of Lake Superior. Flower gold was our go-to on Lk Superior.
It looks like I landed in the right spot, living below Bradshaw Mountain! I feel like I hit the jackpot and that my goal is now truly attainable!
If anyone wants to show the new kid around, hit me up.
I don't have all my equipment here yet, but pick and pan rules make that an easy purchase. Y'all know we just love to have an excuse to buy new stuff and even better when my wife is behind me 100%.(she wants that chunky ring I've been talking about for 16 years)
Looks like I get to go buy some classifiers and break in a new pan or 2 or 3.
See y'all out there

Upvote 3
Welcome to 130 miles North of the Sphincter of Fire!

Mike
No doubt about that! The folks say it's worth the 3 months of hellfire for 9 month of great weather but I'm not too sure about that.

Welcome, One of the most beautiful places in Arizona Prescott.I have very fond memories of the 4th of July there.

Last edited:
No doubt about that! The folks say it's worth the 3 months of hellfire for 9 month of great weather but I'm not too sure about that.
I would also have to say that "9 months of GREAT weather" sounds a little dubious! LOL

Sooooooo, now that all the pleasantries are out of the way, why are you online wasting daylight, when you should be nose down in a creekbed? Just sayin' HAHAHA

Take Care - Mike

I would also have to say that "9 months of GREAT weather" sounds a little dubious! LOL

Sooooooo, now that all the pleasantries are out of the way, why are you online wasting daylight, when you should be nose down in a creekbed? Just sayin' HAHAHA

Take Care - Mike
100°f today...no thanks 😊

No Red Dog or Greenhorn River near Placerville stay in the shade.
Look harder m8, it's there. You're making me feel like I'm lying but I can assure you the creek/river exists.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_051740_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_051740_Maps.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 11
Look harder m8, it's there. You're making me feel like I'm lying but I can assure you the creek/river exists.
Also, Placerville is to the south but our definition of "close" is probably s bit different.

Red Dog (also known as Brooklyn or Brooklin) was a California gold rush mining town located in the Gold Country in south-central Nevada County, California, United States, 6 mi (9.7 km) northeast of Chicago Park. Placerville is in El Dorado County not even close, but we do have a greenstone creek.

M8, what is your point then? I know where I was. I watched a dude in a Bronco blow out his transmission whilst 4x4ing. Should I post a video of it on YT for you to see the grom wreck his truck on the Greenhorn Rivers hydro washed man made banks?

This is not how I imagined starting out on Treasure Hunt, being called out for a minor infraction of spacial conception of distance. Won't stand to indirectly or directly be called a liar.

You are making this feel like Facebook, where people sit in a chair and do research to call someone out on something they have limited information about. Especially when a 47 year old is recalling a decade old memory of 1 week of his life.

I hope you next comments are on a more positive note or just none at all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_065335_Maps~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_065335_Maps~2.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 13
M8, what is your point then? I know where I was. I watched a dude in a Bronco blow out his transmission whilst 4x4ing. Should I post a video of it on YT for you to see the grom wreck his truck on the Greenhorn Rivers hydro washed man made banks?

This is not how I imagined starting out on Treasure Hunt, being called out for a minor infraction of spacial conception of distance. Won't stand to indirectly or directly be called a liar.

You are making this feel like Facebook, where people sit in a chair and do research to call someone out on something they have limited information about. Especially when a 47 year old is recalling a decade old memory of 1 week of his life.

I'm not calling anyone out or a liar just trying to understand what the hell you're talking about. Get your facts straight where is the Greenhorn River? You keep saying river do you mean creek? are you sure it was California or what county in N. California it's more than a minor distance from Placerville or El Dorado County.

Brent76, southfork is not calling you out, nor calling you a liar, he just disagrees, and that is allowed, just agree to disagree is all.

Only admins or mod can ask someone not to post in a thread, as long as posts are by our rules they are allowed To post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back