Need information on Dr. Pepper Glass bottle

seti21

Tenderfoot
Jul 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this dr. Pepper glass bottle. This one is clear, with a clock on the back, hands point to 10 2 and 4, and 6 1/2 ozs. front says dr. pepper good for life. Bottom says south fallsburg ny 1680 and has a square with a "G" inside. I also have another one that is tinted green, on one side it says dr pepper in the middle of the clock and the numbers 10 2 and 4. on the other side it has Dr. Pepper and lower on the bottle is has min. cont. 6 fl. ozs. the bottom reads lynchburg va duruglas and possibly 3 "I" in the middle of a dimond 5P.

Any information on these would be greatly appreciated! I have others I will soon post as well. I don't know if they are of any value and worth holding onto. side bottle #1.jpgSide 2 bottle #1.jpggreen side 1 bottle #2.jpggreen side 2 of bottle #2.jpgbottom of bottle #1.jpg
Thank you!

attachment.php

Hello seti,

Welcome to TNet, and thanks for showing us your DP's.

The above was made by Glenshaw Glass, and the other by Owens-Illinois Glass, in 1945 in their Huntington, WVa. plant. Dr. Peppers are collectible and have some fanatical fans.

We have a Bottles & Glass Forum here, and I'm sure the folks there would like to see your others...

attachment.php

Upvote 0
I seen that as well. I know it is from 1920's to 1940's because of the logo on the bottle. Does it make a difference because of the color of the glass? or the town on the bottom? I have heard that some places where they made the bottles did not produce alot and there for making them worth more because they are rare. I can't seem to find much on the Fallsburg Bottling Works, Dr. Pepper Bottling Company except and obit for the retired owner and operator. Plus there are only a few bottles listed on amazon or ebay.

Upvote 0
I will post the others as soon as I clean them up some. Why is it that one is green? Does that mean anything different as far as price?

Upvote 0
"...The slogan, "Good for Life!" was unveiled by Dr. Pepper in 1923, and the 2-4-and-10 clock first came out in 1926 as a gimmick to get folks to drink the soda three times a day.

The museum would pay for shipping, but can't afford to repair the building, Harris said.

Lifelong resident Monroe Levine, 76, says the sign was commissioned by Victor Didinsky. Didinsky, whose family was in the beer-bottling business in South Fallsburg, obtained a Dr. Pepper franchise in the 1930s...." Pepper pickle not what the Dr. ordered | recordonline.com

It appears that the above information is incorrect, and that Victor Didinsky began bottling in 1946:

http://fultonhistory.com/newspaper%209/Monticello%20NY%20Republican%20Watchman/Monticello%20NY%20Republican%20Watchman%201946-1947%20Grayscale/Monticello%20NY%20Republican%20Watchman%201946-1947%20Grayscale%20-%200407.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The man behind the bottle: Capt Bernard "Bernie" Didinsky (1918 - 2001)

PEPPGARD.JPG

Upvote 0
Why is it that one is green? Does that mean anything different as far as price?

One is clear glass, the other is aqua. No difference in "price."

6201038991_706de278d4.jpg

Upvote 0
I'll look at that site you just posted Surf. Thanks. To get it on the bottles & Glass forum do I need to repost it? Or just on my next post for the other bottles put it under that heading instead of the "what is it?"

Upvote 0
Or just on my next post for the other bottles put it under that heading instead of the "what is it?"

There you go. I'm pretty sure most everyone knows what is Dr. Pepper, if they don't, they better learn, eh...8-)

ad_dp051039.jpg

Upvote 0
That is true. haha I ment more of whats the history and worth rather then what is it. :laughing7: Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
Anyone old enough to remember that Dr. Pepper was also advertised that it could also be served warmed up for those cold winter days? Drink Dr. Pepper at 10...2...and 4! (dating myself right there)........

Upvote 0
Yep... back during rhe late-1950s through 60s, in the wintertime, my mom would fix us kids some heated-up Dr. Pepper, in a coffeecup, with a slice of lemon perched on the cup's lip. Mighty tasty!

I should also metion, that recipe and its "delivery" in a coffeecup was good for warming kids' tummies AND hands after a snowball fight.

Upvote 0
image_hotdrpepper1.jpg

The Sixties ain't exactly ancient history...

Upvote 0
"...The slogan, "Good for Life!" was unveiled by Dr. Pepper in 1923, and the 2-4-and-10 clock first came out in 1926 as a gimmick to get folks to drink the soda three times a day.

It is good to know that there are a few out there that still know that 10-2-4 was an advertisement campaign to encourage people to drink Dr Pepper at their morning break, at lunch, and after work.

I've met quite a few people that believe the myth that 10-2-4 is a special formula, which it isn't.

Upvote 0
Did it surpress your hunger? "drink a bite to eat"

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back