Attachments

• 033.JPG
    033.JPG
    489.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    526.2 KB · Views: 461
Actually no response yet
I received word that the images are lost and no way to restore. This is not only a loss for me but more important a loss for Treasurenet and the What Is It Forum. Such a feature has no business existing IMO where cleaning up a profile page will delete the actual archives.

The What Is It Forum archives are a tremendous resource and should be saved.

Upvote 0
I received word that the images are lost and no way to restore. This is not only a loss for me but more important a loss for Treasurenet and the What Is It Forum. Such a feature has no business existing IMO where cleaning up a profile page will delete the actual archives.

The What Is It Forum archives are a tremendous resource and should be saved.

I agree with you Big_C_Hunter it's very sad thinking what all may be lost ???

Upvote 0
I stopped deleting when I realized what might be happening. I only lost the last 800-1000 images I think but its still too much. Like I said, I had no idea that I was removing images from the archives.

I brought this subject up once before that if a member dies or was to change email for any reason, everything is deleted. The What Is It Forum is a collection of images that should be saved.

That goes back to my thought of a database of American Finds similar to the UKFD. It would be a success IMO and fill a needed void. A place where Americans can go to ID their finds.

That place is here but if images are not stored, its kinda senseless. These images are valuable and should be treated as such not just tossed away when someone moves on. Why would someone in business of profit toss away something of value?

TN lost about 8-10 cuff images from my 1909 Sears Catalog and patent images on this one thread alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still have the Sears catalog and I still have the pictures. Google still has the patents,

I actually didnt lose anything but my hard work. Treasurenet and its readers lost.

(Im not searching thru 100s of icons but this is a good place for the sad faced icon).

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back