Gold in Sand and Gravel pits

GoldReport

Oct 6, 2024
Hi everyone!
IMG_2340.jpg

Novice prospector here. I work for an aggregates mining company and have talked with the company geologist about gold in our s&g deposits. At my last site visits in Southern NY + NW PA I took my gold pan. I grabbed about a gallon of material from the sand screws and panned them. I would have done more material but was time limited. I did indeed find some glacial gold, really small stuff. What I am having a tough time figuring out is what processing this would look like. In my head I would set up a sluice box where the chute that feeds the sand screw is located. It would need to be something as low cost as possible and would not need to be cleaned out very often. Anyone have any pics of their setup they would be willing to share?

Still trying to determine the concentration in these deposits. If they could recover at least 0.01g per ton of sand, I think it could be profitable as an additional revenue stream.

Upvote 5
At the end of the day the cost of extraction has to less than what gold your recovering. to make it worth while. And have a profit margin worth the effort.

For example if you sand and gravel company are handling 200 thousand tons of black sand per year and retrieving 1 gram per ton. I gram is 86.66 dollars in processing is a one site processing 200000 tons. you could in theory before costs recover 173320.00 dollars of gold.

Add cost of processing at multiple sites it just not worth your while. if your getting below I gram Per ton forget it.

Gold ore density is measured by grams per tonne or g/t. Higher-grade mines have densities of 8.0 to 10.0 g/t, while lower-grade mines have densities of 1.0 to 4.0 g/t

The weighted-average mean profit margin of analyzed gold miners was 30.2%so to meet those bench marks. out of that theoretical at I gram per ton recovering 173320.00. Your recovery cost should not exceed 68 percent of 173320.00 dollars in gold recovered.

Crow
Hi Raven, I am leading a research team and in April we will travel to Cocos Island to conduct historical and archaeological investigations. We are particularly interested in the story of **Lord Lyndoch** and the rebels of 1817. Do you happen to have any other information about this event or resources that might help us in our research?

Alla fine della giornata il costo dell'estrazione deve essere inferiore a quello dell'oro che stai recuperando, per far sì che ne valga la pena. E avere un margine di profitto che valga lo sforzo.

Ad esempio, se la tua azienda di sabbia e ghiaia gestisce 200 mila tonnellate di sabbia nera all'anno e recupera 1 grammo per tonnellata. Un grammo equivale a 86,66 dollari in lavorazione, ovvero un sito che elabora 200.000 tonnellate. In teoria, prima dei costi, potresti recuperare 173.320,00 dollari di oro.

Aggiungi il costo di lavorazione in più siti, non ne vale la pena. Se scendi sotto 1 grammo a tonnellata, scordatelo.

La densità del minerale d'oro è misurata in grammi per tonnellata o g/t. Le miniere di grado più elevato hanno densità da 8,0 a 10,0 g/t, mentre le miniere di grado inferiore hanno densità da 1,0 a 4,0 g/t

Il margine di profitto medio ponderato dei minatori d'oro analizzati era del 30,2%, quindi per soddisfare quei punti di riferimento, da quello teorico a 1 grammo per tonnellata recuperando 173320,00. Il costo del recupero non dovrebbe superare il 68 percento di 173320,00 dollari in oro recuperato.

Corvo
Ciao Corvo,
sto guidando un team di ricerca e ad aprile ci recheremo a Cocos Island per condurre indagini storiche e archeologiche. Siamo particolarmente interessati alla storia di **Lord Lyndoch** e dei ribelli del 1817. Hai per caso altre informazioni su questo evento o risorse che potrebbero aiutarci nella nostra ricerca? Ogni dettaglio sarebbe prezioso per il nostro lavoro.

Southfork , that land would be worth looking into for possible purchase ?? But dredging now-a-days in California is kaput ! But if it was that rich , there could be another way!
No possible way now all under the watchful eye of BLM and other agencies and friends of the river. The old river channel site might be permitted for a gravel operation and hauled off site to wash. It's hard to believe that ground that rich is not being worked maybe it is.

No possible way now all under the watchful eye of BLM and other agencies and friends of the river. The old river channel site might be permitted for a gravel operation and hauled off site to wash. It's hard to believe that ground that rich is not being worked maybe it is.
Why not use a sub-mini or mini backhoe when the channel is dried up to get to the bottom to move the material to a location to process?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back