Native American stone tools or just interesting rocks?

JenaLoren

Nov 20, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! I found these on the Russian River in northern California near a documented Pomo Indian village in the 1800's. I believe they may be stone tools but my husband thinks they are just interesting rocks. Can anyone confirm if it is a good possibility that some of them may be tools?Thanks so much! Here are front and back pics...

DSC_4263.JPG
DSC_4265.JPG
DSC_4266.JPG

DSC_4270.JPG
DSC_4271.JPG
DSC_4274.JPG

View attachment 722673

Any ideas on what this is? From looking online, it appears to be a maul or hammer... Would love to see what everyone thinks!
Was found in South Texas...

It has to be something. I was looking for arrowheads at a lake in south texas. Found the exact thing. Picture is identicle next to two arrowheads and a peteified wood scraper. Hope to hear from you soon. Interesting rock

Upvote 0
Hello Jena, I have also found many of these same tools on the Russian river. I have rock hounded the river between guerneville and Squaw rock, above Cloverdale, every summer for over 25 years. And I can tell you that I have accumulated quite a large collection of tools, all similar to yours. I have even had many of them verified.

Upvote 0
fwiw, i was told by a man who has studied this subject that, any time you have items that are pretty much duplicates (or triplicates, what have you) it is NOT a coincidence; it is intentional / created by someone.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back