Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, me again. In the course of researching the other find that I have a thread on, I came across pictures of Native American hand tools, and realized that a couple of rocks that I picked up because they looked cool, are plausibly implements of some sort.

But how the heck does one figure it out?

This first one feels like it could be a scraper. Fits rather well into my wife's smaller hands and certainly could be used as that.
The second one has three sides and is very heavy. Fits perfectly into my very large hands and can bust open a coconut without a problem.

THANKS in advance for any help y'all can lend!

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r7.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

I believe what you have are just rocks. I don't see any working or changes made by man. Fitting in the hand is really not a guideline. Go over to the North American Indian Artifact forum, you'll see examples of what I'm talking about. Good luck and keep looking.

Upvote 0
Sorry, they are natural weathered rocks, not artifacts.

Upvote 0
Thank you Dougie Webb. It's rare to see a member agreeing with the "natural rock" ID. It's rarer still to have a member mark the thread as solved. Kudos.

Upvote 0
Thank you Dougie Webb. It's rare to see a member agreeing with the "natural rock" ID. It's rarer still to have a member mark the thread as solved. Kudos.

Thanks man. Yeah, it either is or it isn't, you know? It's not gonna give me any satisfaction unless I know 100% that it's real. So, back into the "cool rocks" pile it goes!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back