BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found my first ring yesterday! it was in the "grandma" zone at low tide, dug at about 8"

it has a 925 sterling silver stamp on the band, not sure if the diamond is real or not but will have it appraised. my thoughts are that its real only because the setting is heavy duty and would they put a CZ in a high grade band with that heavy of setting? anyway, I LOVE IT!

i would love to hear what you think.

BD

052812105645.jpg052812105706.jpg052812105757.jpg

Upvote 0
That's awesome! cOnGrAt's! have you gone to get it checked out yet at a jewelry shop?

no not yet, probably within the next couple of days.. the stone seems like a large one. ive got big hands and it didnt quite fit my pinkey finger but you can get an idea of stone size from the pics :)

Screaming find! :thumbsup: And about the stone, found a silver with stones once that turned out to be real, but it's rather rare. According to the jeweler at the time, "there are people who have skin reactions to gold so it's not impossible that the stones were set in silver for that reason." Hope your's proves to be the real deal. Either way, it's a very nice looking ring!

I'll bet it will be a nice looking ring all polished up. chances are it will not be a real diamond but a nice find anyway!

If you think you'll be running into those more often, I was looking online and you can get a diamond tester for 15-20 bucks. Hope it turns out to be real!

great find, congrats on finding a rock.

Very nice find!

I hope the stone tests positive for diamond.

Lorraine

Congratulation!! Can be its real diamond. I found more as you ring. Im sure it fuke stone. I wish you luck next hunt.:icon_scratch:???:BangHead::laughing7: Hamid Detecting

Congrats! A beauty of a ring. :hello2::hello2::hello2:

Here's wishing it's real!

My own experience...silver ring has always been a phony diamond...had them checked with a buddy's diamond tester.

Still exciting to find.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but folks don't put a 1+ ct diamond in $3 worth of silver. It's a cool ring for sure, but not a diamond.

Congrats on a nice ring! Real stone or not it is awesome to see it in the scoop!

generaly speeking, they don't put diamonds in silver rings.But its still a nice find.After I found a few rings like that I bought a tester,it also tests all types of stones,and is a nice tool to have. Good luck hunting.:leprechaun-hat:

Its nice ring but not real diamond:occasion14:DSC01862.JPG:laughing7::coffee2::BangHead:

good luck - I have found 2 silver rings with real diamonds
but have found many high quality silver rings with CZ
or other clear stones
NOV/DEC 2010 - ARTICLE ON FAKES & NITROS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
story I wrote
click + then view all sizes in upper right to view more reable size
8 pages long - click on older tab to view each page

Yep, it is a CZ according to the jeweler.. love it though, first one is always special! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back