Metal plant tag while metal detecting

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_2876.jpeg

IMG_2875.jpeg

IMG_2878.jpeg

I was out metal detecting in my yard, and I found this underneath some gravel. It looks like a plant label. I’ve never seen a metal plant label, so I do not know how old this is.

After doing research, I realized that this is indeed a plant label for a hybrid tea rose, the variety “Las Vegas.” As for the company, I can’t really tell. It’s very faded. All I can make out is “something and Perkins.

Well, that’s about it. It was a very interesting find. If anybody can help me out with the age of this tag, please let me know. Regardless, it’s a cool find to me.

Upvote 8
Might be from Jackson & Perkins of Hodges, South Carolina. Still in business, although that particular hybrid is not currently stocked:

A lot of those flower tags were from the 1970's. Neat find.

View attachment 2144597

View attachment 2144598

View attachment 2144599

I was out metal detecting in my yard, and I found this underneath some gravel. It looks like a plant label. I’ve never seen a metal plant label, so I do not know how old this is.

After doing research, I realized that this is indeed a plant label for a hybrid tea rose, the variety “Las Vegas.” As for the company, I can’t really tell. It’s very faded. All I can make out is “something and Perkins.

Well, that’s about it. It was a very interesting find. If anybody can help me out with the age of this tag, please let me know. Regardless, it’s a cool find to me.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back