LUE MAP THEORY, MAYBE SOME CONTEXT

MAYAYAI

Thanks RC.
Do you think this is used in the LUE clue, in some way? I can see it's the reverse of IAYAYAM.

Thanks RC.
Do you think this is used in the LUE clue, in some way? I can see it's the reverse of IAYAYAM.
I think (ha ha) that if the LUE isn't understood , that it's fair game to treat it as so fragmented as to be a puzzle.

Did I read in one of his books Karl state read between the lines? Or was that a reference to him by someone else?

IF the " puzzle" is attributed to Karl only ...He had much to work with to create one.
Big enough to allow a piece for the low functioning like myself to find a puzzle piece in it.
So here's a #9 piece in my hand. Hand me that mallet! It'll fit.

Karls library would help , maybe.

MAYAYAI

lue dot new 700.jpg

Hi releventchair.

I was looking through some of the old LUE threads and found one of sdcfia's old posts that mentioned the IAYAYAM key. He wrote that it might stand for an old saying, I Am Yours And You Are Mine. I believe. I Am You And You Are Me, fits the LUE map, as referring to a mirror image. I think that what some people call an eye is a representation of a mirror image with the two crescents showing the mirror image. If it were an eye, the iris and the pupil wouldn't be over the lower eye lid.

lue dot new 700.jpg

I've been looking for a Masonic connection to the LUE map and I found some information in this link that I posted a couple of days ago. http://www.mastermason.com/fmisrael/tb.html

I have theorized that the oblong shape in the upper right quadrant represented a mirror image. These excerpts might explain that symbolism, found on a Tracing Board.

"Inside the Tracing Board., that represents the Lodge, we find — among the other symbols — one of the Tracing Board itself. This is a sort of recursive image very popular among surrealist artists, such as Escher or Magritte. The hand that is drawing itself is one example. [10]

This also makes reference to the images produced by two parallel mirrors, and all the symbols of infinity, such as the Ouroboros, the snake biting its own tail.

The shape of the lodge is rectangular (in some old rituals it is called "an oblong square"). Its symbolic dimensions are: length, East to West; width: North to South, and Height: from the zenith to the center of the earth — some sources extend it to the nadir."

The circle within a circle, inside the oblong shape, could be a recursive image that represents the Tracing Board. Here's the definition of a recursive image.

"Explanation
A recursive image is one that contains a smaller version of itself, often repeated multiple times. The repetition could theoretically continue forever, but in practice it only continues as long as the picture's resolution allows.

Examples
A real-world example of the Droste effect is holding two mirrors up to each other. You'd see an infinite tunnel of reflections of the two mirrors going back and forth."

Also, in describing the Height of the Lodge: from the zenith to the center of the Earth-some sources extend it to the nadir. I'm not too clear on this, but it sounds similar to an "As Above, So Below" image, and that's what I think the two crescents represent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadir

lue dot new 700.jpg

Here's an excerpt from this link. http://www.mastermason.com/fmisrael/tb.html

"
The axis of the lodge is oriented west to east. The traditional explanation is that sacred buildings are oriented in that way, beginning with the Tabernacle built by Moses in the desert, following with King Solomon's Temple and continuing with synagogues and churches.
However, this begs the question, because then we must ask, why should these buildings be oriented in such way? The probable explanation is that the East, the place where the sun rises every day, was regarded as holy from ancient times. Prehistoric stone monuments, like Stonehenge, are oriented that way.6 The word "oriented" itself means facing the Orient, the East. Whoever is disoriented has lost his bearings. For thousands of years, before the invention of the magnetic compass, the most important, the most significant direction was the East. Many old maps represented the earth with the East at the top, that is, as if the observer were facing the East. This convention survived even as late as 1623, in a map of Terra Sancta by the great cartographer Gerardus Mercator (author of the famous projection to tranfer shapes on a sphere to a flat plane)"

lue dot new 700.jpg

"The lodge rests on three columns, called Wisdom, Strength and Beauty, represented in the Lodge by the Master and the two Wardens. Each one has a small column at hand, reminding his duties. Wisdom directs our actions, strength sustains us in times of danger or stress, and beauty adorns our life and our soul. Some authors identify Beauty with Harmony. The three columns are built in the three styles of Greek architecture: Doric (Strength), Ionic (Wisdom), and Corinthian (Beauty).
The columns also represent the three principal actors in Masonic legends: King Solomon, King Hiram of Tyre and Hiram Abiff, respectively. In more general terms, the three columns represent all ternary symbols. "

"In the T.B. of this degree we find the two great columns that stood before the entrance of the Temple: Yachin (yah-heen) and Boaz (boh-a'hz). According to the Biblical story, they were hollow, cast in bronze, and held large capitals with various ornaments. In Masonic tradition, however, the pillars, or columns, are topped with globes, one representing the earth and the other, the starry canopy of the heavens, or sometimes an armillary sphere. "

lue dot new 700.jpg

"
Jacob's Ladder

Reaching the starry sky is the ladder known as Jacob's Ladder. Let me recount briefly the origin of the story of Jacob's dream. On his way to Paddam Aram, to his uncle Laban, Jacob is tired and spends the night on the road. He takes a stone as his pillow. While dreaming, he sees a stairway reaching the heaven and angels walking up and down. G-d speaks to Jacob, promises to give him and his descendants the land around him, and to make his descendants numerous like the dust of the earth. When he wakes up, Jacob is seized with fear. This is a holy place, he thinks, and the door to heaven. He erects the stone he had used as a pillow and makes an altar of it, and then names the place Bethel, that is, the House of G-d.

In our Board, the stairway is symbolized by a ladder, resting on the altar, which as we now know, in fact represents the stone. The Hebrew word in the Biblical story, Soolam (soolahm), can be interpreted both as stairway and as ladder, and artists have used both meanings in their works

The ladder, or scale, as a symbol, is extremely old, always indicating the connection between the earth and the heavens, the ascent of man striving for perfection. It is symbolically connected with the mountain. Temples were often built on top of a mountain, and in some cultures the temple itself represents a mountain. Some artists have painted Jacob's ladder as a flight of steps on the slope of a mountain. The ladder is also connected with the archetype of the tree, the axis mundi, and the great chain of being

The top of the ladder reaches the heavens, veiled to profane eyes by the clouds of ignorance. In Albrecht Dürer's famous engraving, Melancholia, a ladder is depicted leaning on the building, with the top unseen, [16] possibly extending up to the heavens"

lue dot new 700.jpg

"The Blazing Star is hanging in the geometrical center of the Lodge and from there it irradiates its influence."

The pyramid is mentioned but without much explanation. The same with the point within a circle, although there was mention that the point stood for gold.

"The Point Within a Circle

The center is also a fundamental idea in alchemy. "According to Michael Maier, the center contains the indivisible point which is simple, indestructible, and eternal. Its physical counterpart is gold, which is therefore a symbol of eternity."

lue dot new 700.jpg

"The Ornaments or Furniture

The lodge also has three ornaments: the Indented or Tessellated Border, the Blazing Star, and the Mosaic or Checkered Pavement. Prichard, in his Masonry Dissected (1730), calls them the Furniture of the Lodge. This must not be understood as a reference to chairs and tables, but rather to implements or parts.

The Indented Border is linked to the knotted rope encircling the room, close to the ceiling. It symbolizes the great chain of Fraternity embracing the earth. [20] This First Degree T.B. is one of John Browne's designs, dated 1802. We can see the shape of the rope is leading to the idea of rows of triangles in alternating red and blue color, which in many Tracing Boards replace the rope."

I thought this was interesting because the chain of triangles in the lower right quadrant, could represent the rope. Also, the 24 rectangles in the lower left quadrant, could be the checkerboard pavement.

lue dot new 700.jpg

"The Jewels

The lodge has three "movable jewels" and three "immovable jewels." The movable ones are the Square, Level and Perpendicular or Plumb."

I think the horizontal and vertical double lines, in the upper right quadrant, might be the level and the plumb.

It seems like the LUE map has many elements of a Masonic Tracing Board, but with changes that could give another meaning. Something else that caught my attention, the Tracing Boards that I have found in my research are beautifully painted, I wonder if the original LUE map was painted.

I still have confidence in my interpretation of the LUE map.
The upper right quadrant was used to find latitude.
The vertical column was used to find Longitude.
The bottom right quadrant was used to find two starting points.
The upper left quadrant was used to find compass bearings and alleged treasure locations.

On another note, I sent LUE map pictures to 4 different Masonic Lodges and asked them if the picture was of a Masonic Tracing Board. Two of them answered back and said that it was the LUE map and associated with treasure legends. There must have been other inquiries. They also said that it wasn't a Tracing Board. I plan on sending more pictures, to find out what other lodges say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back