LUE MAP THEORY, MAYBE SOME CONTEXT

I found the location of another treasure legend on the 119 deg LUE clue heading from the Kensington Runestone location. The location is at Wildcat Mountain, Wisconsin. Gypsy Heart wrote a post about this legend.

Another location on this same heading from the runestone is Montvale, Virginia of the Beale legend.

I've also spent some time plotting the locations of a couple dozen alleged KGC cache sites. Not one of them was close to any of the LUE clue headings.

lue dot new 700.jpg

I'll explain how I found the center point of the circle in the lower right quadrant of the LUE clue.

This map shows a large triangle, outlined with a thick white border, in the western United States.

white triangle.jpg

About the year 1910, a point was added 94 miles north of the site of the Kensington Runestone. latitude 47deg 08' 55.33" N and longitude 96deg 02' 18.66" W. This location is at Apple Lake, Minnesota. The triangle is created by a point on the west coast, at the same latitude as Apple Lake, and a southwest line that passes over West Spanish Peak and Culebra Peak and ends at the yellow line that forms the base of the Kensington Runestone pyramid. When the lines of the triangle are plotted. you have google earth paths of 1319 miles on the north line, 1330 miles on the west line and 1256 miles on the east line. Then I found the center of each line and ran lines from each point of the triangle to the center point of the line opposite. The lines intersect at 42deg 36' 0066" N and 109deg 38' 28.04" W.

Something that might be considered a confirmation is the 257 deg LUE clue heading from the Kensington Runestone, the red line, passes 2 miles south of the intersection of the center point lines. Also, from the center point to the ends of the red line is 727 miles to the NE and 766 miles to the SW.

Something else of note is the line that runs from the NW point of the white triangle, overlays the blue line that goes to Bob Brewer's site in SW Arkansas and then on to Wildcat Bluff, about 30 miles away.

LUE starting points and lines.jpg

This map shows some features on the LUE clue. The yellow is the pyramid in the upper left quadrant. The red lines are the LUE clue headings starting at the Kensington Runestone, represented by the dot at the top of the middle triangle in the lower right quadrant. The blue lines are the LUE clue headings starting at the point represented by the dot in the center of the big circle on the lower right quadrant. Because of the number of intersecting lines at Fort Knox, I added the green lines, representing the LUE clue headings, with the starting point at Fort Knox.

To understand the possibilities suggested by all of these intersecting lines, you might want to read Bob Brewer's book Rebel Gold.

I thought I would compare the LUE clue headings with the headings on the bottom part of the KGC Template. I think I have the right KGC Template but I'm not for sure.

LUE headings.jpg

KGC TEMP.jpg

I ran some additional red lines on the KGC Template and found some headings that are a close match with the LUE clue headings. There could be a possible LUE clue and KGC Template connection.

You people with sharper eyes than me, might be able to get more precise measurements.

kgc temp red.jpg

LUE headings.jpg

I thought I would compare the LUE clue headings with the headings on the bottom part of the KGC Template. I think I have the right KGC Template but I'm not for sure. . . .
Maybe you're onto something. I was told that in order to use the "KGC template" overlay, it had to be rotated a specific direction and number of degrees, and each site was different.

Maybe you're onto something. I was told that in order to use the "KGC template" overlay, it had to be rotated a specific direction and number of degrees, and each site was different.
That's a good thought. I wonder if that's how the gaps in the Sun rays are used. Maybe two overlays put over a topo map of the right scale. It would be a good way to mix things up.

Hello MD,

You have out done yourself on the L U E map. The area encompasses less than 25 square miles. Not stretched out across the United States. Common Area, Common Sense.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn

Hello MD,

You have out done yourself on the L U E map. The area encompasses less than 25 square miles. Not stretched out across the United States. Common Area, Common Sense.

Bests in Treasure

LUE-Hawn
Hi LUE-Hawn,

I'm pretty confident in my theory but I'm always open for a conversation. Please explain your comment.

Thank you

Rick

You could have a lot of different combinations of coded locations if you had a map with a transparent KGC overlay over it and a transparent overlay of the LUE clue Sun and rays to rotate over the KGC Template. You can get some idea of the possibilities by marking the LUE clue headings on a 180 deg. protractor and centering it on the KGC Template and then spinning the protractor over the Template.

I wonder if anybody has found any caches using the KGC Template. It seems like there would be a lot more options for concealment using two templates to code the locations.

. . . I wonder if anybody has found any caches using the KGC Template. It seems like there would be a lot more options for concealment using two templates to code the locations.
I wonder about these things too, particularly why people like you, me and many others would ever find out about them and how they work. The longer I ponder this stuff, the more I suspect that all the "KGC" lore that has been leaked, revealed, or found its way into the public domain is likely just another layer of disinformation. I'm still of the opinion that "KGC" (or whatever white hat/black hat organization it is) caches do exist and are quite secure.

Here's a template describing how I would "map" a big treasure cache using the technology in common use today and since, let's say, at least the last 150 years in the western USA (earlier further east). Precise treasure location to be retained only by a select individual or group:
1) Choose a secure location. New hole in the ground, old hole in the ground that could be completely obscured, etc.
2) Bury loot, then obscure location.
3) Survey precise lat/long location of the cache using permanent control points established, or linked to, the Land Ordinance of 1785.
4) Create very subtle permanent verification evidence at target coordinates for final retrieval.

If this was all a coordinated conspiracy hiding a network of many caches in many states ("KGC"), I can see where the owners would add these touches:
5) Create obvious set of related "clues" none closer than, let's say, 1/2 mile from cache site (rock carvings, rock monuments, tree blazes, manipulated trees, metal clues - etc, the usual stuff, used to lead searchers astray.
6) Release lost treasure stories into the public domain focusing attention to stories of lost Spanish mining sites, lost prospector discoveries, lost outlaw loot, et al.

I wonder about these things too, particularly why people like you, me and many others would ever find out about them and how they work. The longer I ponder this stuff, the more I suspect that all the "KGC" lore that has been leaked, revealed, or found its way into the public domain is likely just another layer of disinformation. I'm still of the opinion that "KGC" (or whatever white hat/black hat organization it is) caches do exist and are quite secure.

Here's a template describing how I would "map" a big treasure cache using the technology in common use today and since, let's say, at least the last 150 years in the western USA (earlier further east). Precise treasure location to be retained only by a select individual or group:
1) Choose a secure location. New hole in the ground, old hole in the ground that could be completely obscured, etc.
2) Bury loot, then obscure location.
3) Survey precise lat/long location of the cache using permanent control points established, or linked to, the Land Ordinance of 1785.
4) Create very subtle permanent verification evidence at target coordinates for final retrieval.

If this was all a coordinated conspiracy hiding a network of many caches in many states ("KGC"), I can see where the owners would add these touches:
5) Create obvious set of related "clues" none closer than, let's say, 1/2 mile from cache site (rock carvings, rock monuments, tree blazes, manipulated trees, metal clues - etc, the usual stuff, used to lead searchers astray.
6) Release lost treasure stories into the public domain focusing attention to stories of lost Spanish mining sites, lost prospector discoveries, lost outlaw loot, et al.
I'll have to admit to something. I'm no treasure hunter so I feel no urgency to find the right place to dig, before somebody else finds "my treasure", but I love reading treasure stories and researching those stories and letting my imagination run wild. I've been having a ball trying to figure out this LUE clue, and every time I find something about the clue, that makes sense, I feel like I've made an exciting discovery.

I've been studying a place, close to home, for 15 years and my theories about that place have changed many times over the years. The place is loaded with symbolism described by Charles Kenworthy in his books about Spanish trail markers. It seems like the more I study the place, the more I realize that whoever set things up didn't need all of the signs and symbols. I've also noticed that, during the last 15 years, the landscape has changed dramatically. Many markers have disappeared because of erosion, landslides and fallen trees. Boulders with carvings on them, are gone, as if the earth had swallowed them up. If that many changes have taken place in 15 years, what has been destroyed over a period of 150 years. So, it could be that the place that I've been studying was set up to draw attention away from a place of importance.

The LUE clue, in my opinion and if treasure related, was meant to get you close to specific areas across the United States. I think the lines and the intersecting lines and the treasure legends were used to draw you to an important area.

As an example, in southwest Arkansas, there's a town named Center Point. Several miles NE of Center Point is a place named Wildcat Bluff that is mentioned in the book Jesse James Was One of His Names, the Black Book. According to the book, there is a treasure concealed at Wildcat Bluff. I had never heard this treasure legend and don't know if it originated in the Black Book or somewhere else. I haven't heard or read of any treasure exploration or recovery at this place, but my attention was drawn to the area. When I started plotting LUE lines I noticed that Wildcat Bluff was near three important lines and about 25 miles south of where Bob Brewer found many treasure signs and recovered some caches. So, if the LUE clue works like I think it does, the Black Book treasure legend drew attention to Wildcat Bluff, there were LUE clue lines plotted close to Wildcat Bluff and treasure signs and caches were found within 25 miles of Wildcat Bluff.
wildcat bluff.jpg

You could have a lot of different combinations of coded locations if you had a map with a transparent KGC overlay over it and a transparent overlay of the LUE clue Sun and rays to rotate over the KGC Template. You can get some idea of the possibilities by marking the LUE clue headings on a 180 deg. protractor and centering it on the KGC Template and then spinning the protractor over the Template.

I wonder if anybody has found any caches using the KGC Template. It seems like there would be a lot more options for concealment using two templates to code the locations.
This is why I always liked believing the alleged cache sites were in fact reality....by discerning aspects of their locations, there might be a way to reverse engineer the map to reveal other locations.

I'll have to admit to something. I'm no treasure hunter so I feel no urgency to find the right place to dig, before somebody else finds "my treasure", but I love reading treasure stories and researching those stories and letting my imagination run wild. I've been having a ball trying to figure out this LUE clue, and every time I find something about the clue, that makes sense, I feel like I've made an exciting discovery.

I've been studying a place, close to home, for 15 years and my theories about that place have changed many times over the years. The place is loaded with symbolism described by Charles Kenworthy in his books about Spanish trail markers. It seems like the more I study the place, the more I realize that whoever set things up didn't need all of the signs and symbols. I've also noticed that, during the last 15 years, the landscape has changed dramatically. Many markers have disappeared because of erosion, landslides and fallen trees. Boulders with carvings on them, are gone, as if the earth had swallowed them up. If that many changes have taken place in 15 years, what has been destroyed over a period of 150 years. So, it could be that the place that I've been studying was set up to draw attention away from a place of importance.

The LUE clue, in my opinion and if treasure related, was meant to get you close to specific areas across the United States. I think the lines and the intersecting lines and the treasure legends were used to draw you to an important area.

As an example, in southwest Arkansas, there's a town named Center Point. Several miles NE of Center Point is a place named Wildcat Bluff that is mentioned in the book Jesse James Was One of His Names, the Black Book. According to the book, there is a treasure concealed at Wildcat Bluff. I had never heard this treasure legend and don't know if it originated in the Black Book or somewhere else. I haven't heard or read of any treasure exploration or recovery at this place, but my attention was drawn to the area. When I started plotting LUE lines I noticed that Wildcat Bluff was near three important lines and about 25 miles south of where Bob Brewer found many treasure signs and recovered some caches. So, if the LUE clue works like I think it does, the Black Book treasure legend drew attention to Wildcat Bluff, there were LUE clue lines plotted close to Wildcat Bluff and treasure signs and caches were found within 25 miles of Wildcat Bluff. View attachment 2154874
Here's something of interest to add to this.

On page 30 of his book Rebel Gold, Bob Brewer writes that directional markers for some kind of geometric grid seemed to radiate out from Smoke Rock Mountain. Smoke Rock Mountain was where the Bible Tree, with its treasure symbols, was found. Smoke Rock Mountain is less than 1.5 miles from the blue LUE line. The blue line is the LUE clue heading of 119 deg. and the length of the Sun ray for that heading is 26-1/16ths of an inch, with 1/16 of an inch equal to a mile. The distance from the intersection of the blue and green LUE clue headings to Smoke Rock Mountain is 24 miles.

wildcat bluff.jpg

Does anybody know when the KGC Template was first mentioned and where it came from? Smoke Rock Mountain, in Bob Brewer's neck of the woods, shares two KGC Template headings with Victorio Peak, Rocky Face Mt., Georgia (Waterhouse Treasure), the Spider Rock Treasure site in Texas and Montvale, Virginia (Beale Treasure). The headings are 68 deg. from the Spider Rock site and 78 deg. from Victorio Peak.

Smoke Rock Mountain is important because it is right by a LUE line heading and treasure has been recovered in that area. Another great thing is that Bob Brewer has documented what he has found by Smoke Rock and the activities of his family who lived in the area.

We might be able to tie some things together with this map.

kgc, lue, krs.jpg

This map shows the area just north of Center Point, Arkansas. Wildcat Bluff is 9 miles NE of Center Point and is the location of a cache site described in the book, Jesse James Is One of His Names, (The Black Book). Thirty miles NW of Wildcat Bluff is Smoke Rock Mountain, the location of events described in Bob Brewer's book, Rebel Gold. All of the intersecting lines on this map, except for the north/south Ok/Ark border line, come from three sources, they are the Kensington Runestone Map, the LUE clue and the KGC Template. I'll describe the lines.

The white line coming from the NW begins at Treasure Mountain, Colorado and passes over Culebra Peak and on to Wildcat Bluff. This line begins at a heading of 103.5 deg., a heading that is found on the LUE clue and the KGC Template. This line is also part of the Kensington Runestone Map.

The white line coming from the NE begins at the Oak Island Money Pit and passes over Fort Knox, Kentucky and on to Wildcat Bluff. At Fort Knox, this line begins at a heading of 242 deg., a heading found on the LUE clue. This line is also part of the Kensington Runestone Map.

The blue line begins at the point designated as the center point of the large circle found on the lower right quadrant of the LUE clue. This line starts at a heading of 119 deg, a heading found on the LUE clue. Smoke Rock Mountain is 1.25 miles off this line.

The green line comes from Fort Knox, Kentucky, to the NE, and begins at a heading of 242 deg., a heading found on the LUE clue. Further to the SW in Texas, two other locations, associated with the San Saba silver mine legend, share this line.

The black line coming from the west starts at Victorio Peak, NM and begins at a heading of 78 deg., this heading is found on the KGC Template. The line passes over Smoke Rock Mountain and continues on to Rocky Face Mountain, Georgia, of the Waterhouse Treasure legend.

The black line coming from the SW begins in the area of the Spider Rock Treasure, Texas, at a heading of 68 deg, this heading is found on the KGC Template. This line passes over Smoke Rock Mountain and continues on to Montvale, Virginia, of the Beale Treasure legend.

In this small area, you have intersecting lines associated with three different clues, the Kensington Runestone Map, the LUE clue and the KGC Template.

I think the same group made all three of these documents.

Last edited:
Has anybody ever heard of any treasure legends or cache markers associated with the area close to Pike's Stockade in south central Colorado? I mean up to 2.5 miles out from the stockade.

I've tried the Spanish to English translator for Sierro del Ojito and get Mountains of the Eye or Hill of the Eye. Can any of you Spanish speakers confirm this? Thank you.

Nothing specific but there are some interesting bits of connective tissue.
"Its name [LUE] was coined from the first three words that appeared on the map: “Lloro, Urraca and Enterrari.”

This was noted many times by Karl in his writings and poses a somewhat confusing clue. Karl's original version of the LUE from the 1966 THM #7 was noted as an exact copy of the map. Clearly these words are not on the map. This means either Karl lied, Karl was mistaken, OR, and I like to believe this, it was written on the back of the map. This is the most deliberate form of speculation on my part, of course.

Interestingly, Uracca Mesa is only about 50 miles from Black Lake, though much, muck closer as the Eagle flies (not to be confused with Eagle's Nest).

data=Tq5loQEf7xQ32pijBzNIvm3i6lXmy7Hlqzdge73-AI12C2BMPPYMn8P7gO2YReMsH9K7bBhgRmT24nBDBQvIqmlTnw4YmOfr80kCLghdbaHITu1nIB11vCQyiFVzOYgrC2isHa6UKGWknW_6uai3hAtfpAmMRlhTKEmL,7PnNPRmR93qfGLel3mXr7V2M_kd3OB7F6td1dNColXokX6RuSSTCCu1uI7_Y07B-fExXxIw6YbAp-N3WDUPlDL6X24apZ8FXSk47kld9Gj8bmLa_NjotDtKcEkE2fYGDz5ps9OHJEx--p9bAzse8oisT3QV75VuNA4jA96eyhiZur9U6HwwRU54jYDZt_id31tk0II25BhCyalCCZVOr2lJJ1iwTvsj2tt1sJPeBEn5naMoqxaZHCFQPybPWbg1GY8gKmiMSIcESEL1NXSiTJeMpjMDX-nGH8-Kh2GtnB4RXO8L5POngT0t3poWK8K065D0UmKCekMzAGwOBrBmuiw36uX2lNu1LPCoW6X7-cogXN7Iec9Zg2k6Fik3T3S_9fKGP7cgrlXivEOoyJNy9SVAgIF4w

Uracca Mesa has been owned by the Boy Scouts who own a large tract of land down that way. I tend to wonder if the Scouts will sell the property in the wake of their bankruptcy.

Regarding the interpretation of “Lloro, Urraca and Enterrari”, I reprint the following from my presentation transcript:

Now he [Boyd Jolley] claimed that he had a letter from Karl von Mueller that suggested that the LUE was based
on the words “Lloro, Urraca and Enterrari”. You’ll have to pardon me, Spanish is not my second language. And if we Look at sort of the meanings of those words, I googled this. Spanish (for Lloro) is to cry or to weep. Urraca is a proper name, I believe a woman's name, but it's derived from the Latin “thievish” and interestingly enough in the actual sort of LUE recovery area there is a Mesa called Urraca [Uracca is also translated to English as Magpie]. And then Enterrari, is to bury or to inter. So if you string it all together it potentially means “Urraca cries because it is buried.”
There's a Urraca Pioneer Cemetery at the west base of Blanca Peak. It seems to be situated between Urraca Creek and Pioneer Creek. Maybe the LLORO URRACA ENTERRARI is referring to this cemetery.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back