LUE MAP THEORY, MAYBE SOME CONTEXT

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The hidden mapping alignments/geometries are like chess. The available public "treasure legend details" are like checkers.
Never leave the kids home, alone, with an open box of crayons.

Many years ago, one of my Mason friends told me that during the 1800s some Masons liked to create fake treasure sites and then watch the locals run all over the place, looking for buried treasures.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Of course, this is just my theory. I do agree with what sdcfia has been saying, for a long time. I think the treasure legends were created to draw, those who knew the codes, to a specific area. There might be one small piece of information in the legend that is the key to any hidden information.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think you need to rethink your mapping systems. They are not showing what you think they do. Those points are not in alignment in real life.

The problem comes with the use of the draw function on Google Earth. It's not drawing straight lines on the earth.

Google Earth "wraps" their map around a rough globe shape. Whether a map is laid out flat or wrapped on a globe really makes a big difference. These difference are all about the way the map is projected onto the globe.

Lets start with one of the maps that have been posted to this and other threads. I don't remember who posted this particular map but it doesn't matter for the purpose of illustration of the problem.
pyramid-2-jpg.2139338

See how the northern adjacent borders of California, Nevada and Idaho are curved? You can see the same curve with the northern borders of Arizona, New Mexico and Oklahoma.

The northern borders of those states are all exactly east/west with no curve in real life. To display them wrapped on a globe they have to be curved to fit. Even more telling of the distortion in direction is the northern border of the United States which is due east/west in real life but in google earth world it's been turned into a series of angled lines.

Using Google Earth to draw straight lines from one location to another does not allow for a true course. To display a straight line (rhumb) on a globe the straight line will always appear curved. If the line you draw isn't curved then it does not represent a true bearing course.

Interestingly Google Earth does use modified geodetic rhumb line modeling for their measurement function so if you are measuring due east west the measurement will be very accurate and for other bearings the error increases to about 14% depending on the bearing. Drawing bearings is not supported in Google Earth. A straight line drawn on a google map will not represent a constant bearing in the real world.

In other words what appears to be intersections between your drawn lines don't exist. They are strictly an artifact of the Google Earth drawing function. In real life these locations are not intersected by a constant bearing between two points.

Here is a Utube explanation. Unfortunately it appears only British and Indian natives can explain this on Utube. I chose the Indian Utube because the instructor is speaking English which I can understand. The revelations about rhumb lines and curved lines being straight is towards the end.

Google Earth can not do what you are trying to accomplish. You will need to upgrade your mapping tools and understand the limitations of the mapping system and projection you choose. I would suggest the QGIS program if you want to get serious about investigating these spatial relationships. QGIS is free and can accomplish anything any other mapping system can but there is a learning curve. In my experience precise quality tools always have a learning curve. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
globe.jpg
world-map.gif

Clay Diggins, the maps I've been posting wouldn't show the same results on a flat map. I think these two pictures might illustrate your post. On the global map, the red line shows the shortest distance between Georgia, U.S.A. and Egypt. The red line doesn't go anywhere near north Africa. But on the flat map, the shortest distance between Georgia and Egypt goes over north Africa, that distance is a lot longer than the global distance.
The headings on my mapped lines change too. I believe the headings start changing after several miles. For example, the line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale, Virginia looks like it's a 90 degree heading but it isn't. It starts out as 81.85 deg at Treasure Mountain. From the midpoint of the triangle to Fort Knox is 87.59 deg and from Fort Knox to Montvale the heading is 94.71 deg. The heading changes constantly along the line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale. It's the same with all of the lines on my maps, constantly changing headings.
I understand that aircraft have instrumentation that will constantly adjust the crafts heading to keep it on the shortest distance.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The headings on my mapped lines change too. I believe the headings start changing after several miles. For example, the line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale, Virginia looks like it's a 90 degree heading but it isn't. It starts out as 81.85 deg at Treasure Mountain. From the midpoint of the triangle to Fort Knox is 87.59 deg and from Fort Knox to Montvale the heading is 94.71 deg. The heading changes constantly along the line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale. It's the same with all of the lines on my maps, constantly changing headings.
Yes that was my point. Your lines do not have a single bearing. They wander around the map in a rough simulation of a least distance calculation. Any lines that did have a single bearing would all be curved on your map. This problem is not unique to Google Earth but Google Earth has compounded the problem with their ersatz map projection and funky internal math.

You can not draw a single bearing on Google Earth It's not possible. Without a single bearing a line does not show the real relationships between different points on the map. Your intersections are many many miles off from reality. You can't fix that with the tools you are using.

Google Earth is a great tool for checking out an area before you go there. Google Earth is only designed for entertainment purposes according to Google. You will need a real mapping system to accomplish what you intend to do with these legends.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yes that was my point. Your lines do not have a single bearing. They wander around the map in a rough simulation of a least distance calculation. Any lines that did have a single bearing would all be curved on your map. This problem is not unique to Google Earth but Google Earth has compounded the problem with their ersatz map projection and funky internal math.

You can not draw a single bearing on Google Earth It's not possible. Without a single bearing a line does not show the real relationships between different points on the map. Your intersections are many many miles off from reality. You can't fix that with the tools you are using.

Google Earth is a great tool for checking out an area before you go there. Google Earth is only designed for entertainment purposes according to Google. You will need a real mapping system to accomplish what you intend to do with these legends.
What is important to me is the path of the great circle segment between two points. If two treasure related points are separated by four states and the line that connects them passes over two other treasure related points, is this just coincidence? There are three different lines that pass over Fort Knox. This is an important question to me because some of these legends are two to three hundred years old and, as far as I know, great circle navigation wasn't possible back than. The headings and distances aren't important to me but the path from one point to the other, is. Do you think the short distance lines are accurate? By the way, thanks for your patience and contribution.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Intersections of two Great Circles would be a near bulletproof method of establishing a secret place on the globe. It requires both a working knowledge of spherical (elliptical) geometry and the knowledge of four potentially random starting points (both ends of both arcs).

Another way of obtaining the same result would be establishing exact land surveying coordinates. Security for this method can be improved by selecting one of many available earth datums and a specific coordinate system - one commonly used or a proprietary one. I personally prefer this method.

In both cases, a very accurate unique location can be identified and relocated.

Re the various well-known treasure cache allegations (including the "LUE"), if we intersect two Great Circles, we may get "close" to a potential location (let's say Culebra Peak), depending on which assumptions we've made (various treasure legends, landmarks, et al), but we can't expect to nail the exact spot. The intersecting lines may provide a promising result, but this is a trial-and-error method based on the exact starting points for the lines, which we can't know.

What mdog is showing are interesting patterns formed by connecting general treasure legend sites to form geometrical patterns. It provides general information and possible places to look further into. The azimuths don't matter, it's the line patterns and intersections that do. This won't tell you where to dig, but it does point out possible connections. If these types of spatial connections actually do exist, it also implies a conspiracy on some level.

We're assuming that if the well-known caches exist, then their locations are very cleverly hidden since they presumably haven't yet been found. This is why I've favored surveying coordinates over a "treasure map", or a series of "treasure symbol carvings" for hiding caches.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Intersections of two Great Circles would be a near bulletproof method of establishing a secret place on the globe. It requires both a working knowledge of spherical (elliptical) geometry and the knowledge of four potentially random starting points (both ends of both arcs).

Another way of obtaining the same result would be establishing exact land surveying coordinates. Security for this method can be improved by selecting one of many available earth datums and a specific coordinate system - one commonly used or a proprietary one. I personally prefer this method.

In both cases, a very accurate unique location can be identified and relocated.

Re the various well-known treasure cache allegations (including the "LUE"), if we intersect two Great Circles, we may get "close" to a potential location (let's say Culebra Peak), depending on which assumptions we've made (various treasure legends, landmarks, et al), but we can't expect to nail the exact spot. The intersecting lines may provide a promising result, but this is a trial-and-error method based on the exact starting points for the lines, which we can't know.

What mdog is showing are interesting patterns formed by connecting general treasure legend sites to form geometrical patterns. It provides general information and possible places to look further into. The azimuths don't matter, it's the line patterns and intersections that do. This won't tell you where to dig, but it does point out possible connections. If these types of spatial connections actually do exist, it also implies a conspiracy on some level.

We're assuming that if the well-known caches exist, then their locations are very cleverly hidden since they presumably haven't yet been found. This is why I've favored surveying coordinates over a "treasure map", or a series of "treasure symbol carvings" for hiding caches.
Thanks for contributing to the thread, sdcfia.
I don't know if my theories about the LUE Map are correct but the information that I have presented shows some interesting patterns. What was interesting to me is that Von Mueller mentioned a natural Fort Knox when he introduced the LUE Map in his book, The Treasure Hunter's Manual 7. I wonder if that was a hint or just a description of an incredible treasure.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
....What was interesting to me is that Von Mueller mentioned a natural Fort Knox when he introduced the LUE Map in his book, The Treasure Hunter's Manual 7. I wonder if that was a hint or just a description of an incredible treasure.

1711434085145.jpeg

bricks shown on LUE Map = stones = massive rock dikes found around the Purgatoire Valley (for example Stonewall Gap, CO) might be the "natural Fort Knox" that KVM describes as protecting the vaunted treasure site.

1711435952714.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
View attachment 2139491

bricks shown on LUE Map = stones = massive rock dikes found around the Purgatoire Valley (for example Stonewall Gap, CO) might be the "natural Fort Knox" that KVM describes as protecting the vaunted treasure site.

View attachment 2139493
The mapping that I have shown might or might not be associated with the LUE clue. What caught my attention on the LUE clue was the arrow, the upper left quadrant and the lower right quadrant. I was studying the placement of the Kensington Runestone and there were features on the LUE clue that were similar to my Kensington Runestone mapping. What I would like to find on the LUE clue is something that would connect the puzzle to the constellation Auriga and it's yellow star Capella.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The mapping that I have shown might or might not be associated with the LUE clue. What caught my attention on the LUE clue was the arrow, the upper left quadrant and the lower right quadrant. I was studying the placement of the Kensington Runestone and there were features on the LUE clue that were similar to my Kensington Runestone mapping. What I would like to find on the LUE clue is something that would connect the puzzle to the constellation Auriga and it's yellow star Capella.
This might be the Auriga and Capella clue that I've been looking for. I posted this in one of my threads and forgot all about it.
lue map genuine.jpg

Notice the curved line that goes through the oblong symbol in the upper right quadrant. I think the circle with the smaller circle inside it is the symbol for gold. This star chart shows the constellation Auriga and it's yellow star Capella at that point. That and the connection with the Pentagon in D.C., could confirm the Auriga setup just east of Treasure Mountain. I wonder if that oblong image is supposed to represent "as above, so below" like a mirror image from the sky to the ground.
star chart 700.jpg
summer solstice.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
This post shows the constellation Auriga, the pentagon setup east of Treasure Mountain and the LUE clue. I believe the pentagon setup east of Treasure Mountain is Auriga's mirror image on the ground. Auriga's mirror image on the ground would put Capella on the upper left point. This would be at the Blanca Peak point and that would be the center line of the arrow on the LUE clue. The center line is the line that goes past Fort Knox and on to Montvale. This is Capella's line...the yellow (gold) star.
auriga.JPG
pentagon red.jpg
lue map genuine 2.jpg

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is important to me is the path of the great circle segment between two points. If two treasure related points are separated by four states and the line that connects them passes over two other treasure related points, is this just coincidence? There are three different lines that pass over Fort Knox. This is an important question to me because some of these legends are two to three hundred years old and, as far as I know, great circle navigation wasn't possible back than. The headings and distances aren't important to me but the path from one point to the other, is. Do you think the short distance lines are accurate? By the way, thanks for your patience and contribution.
Yes the related treasure points are just a coincidence with the method and tools you are using. Lines of any distance will change bearing throughout their course with your method and tools.

If you believe great circle will describe what you want why didn't you use great circle mapping instead of line drawings? Google Earth will do great circle routes but drawing a line on GE does not create any pattern that could be relied on to relate to an actual location on earth. A great circle describes the shortest distance between two points but it describes a circle, not a line. That's why it's called a great circle.

With a great circle your patterns would not look anything like what you have now nor could a great circle describe a single bearing or a straight line between two points. As demonstrated in the video I posted the shortest distance between two points on a sphere is not a straight line. If you want to describe a straight line representing a single bearing you can't do it with Google Earth. You can only draw geographically wavy lines with Google Earth. You need different and better tools to do what you are attempting to do.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
. . . .
Google Earth can not do what you are trying to accomplish. You will need to upgrade your mapping tools and understand the limitations of the mapping system and projection you choose. I would suggest the QGIS program if you want to get serious about investigating these spatial relationships. QGIS is free and can accomplish anything any other mapping system can but there is a learning curve. In my experience precise quality tools always have a learning curve.
Could not verify this program was without malware and therefore was unable to open it.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could not verify this program was without malware and therefore was unable to open it.
If you don't trust the standard QGIS install package you can always build your own from source.
Then you don't have to worry about malware. It's open source so you can see everything that it's made of and create a version with just the features you want.

Your alternative would be ArcGIS Pro. ESRI ArcGIS is a lot more expensive ($800 - $8000 per year) than QGIS (free) but built on the same platform and does the same things.

I work with both programs daily. I prefer QGIS because it's really well documented and very fast. QGIS produces files in formats that anyone can use but ArcGIS output is partially license restricted to paid users so it's harder to share files.

Either one of these programs is pretty easy to use for your intended purpose. ArcGIS is usually easier for beginners as it starts with a simplified interface that you pay to add features to. QGIS starts out with a full feature set and is ready to use for whatever out of the box so it's got a more complex interface. On either program you can edit the interface to look and work the way you want. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yes the related treasure points are just a coincidence with the method and tools you are using. Lines of any distance will change bearing throughout their course with your method and tools.

If you believe great circle will describe what you want why didn't you use great circle mapping instead of line drawings? Google Earth will do great circle routes but drawing a line on GE does not create any pattern that could be relied on to relate to an actual location on earth. A great circle describes the shortest distance between two points but it describes a circle, not a line. That's why it's called a great circle.

With a great circle your patterns would not look anything like what you have now nor could a great circle describe a single bearing or a straight line between two points. As demonstrated in the video I posted the shortest distance between two points on a sphere is not a straight line. If you want to describe a straight line representing a single bearing you can't do it with Google Earth. You can only draw geographically wavy lines with Google Earth. You need different and better tools to do what you are attempting to do.
I am always willing to learn something new. I had read that google Earth used great circles in their mapping so I assumed that a line from one point to another would be a segment on a great circle. However, I'm willing to call those lines Google Earth Paths instead of great circle segments. Whatever the lines are called, they connect too many related locations to be coincidence.

On the mapping that you suggest and if it doesn't take long. could you plot a line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale, Virginia and let me know how far from Fort Knox the line passes. It would be interesting to know for the conversation.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On the mapping that you suggest and if it doesn't take long. could you plot a line from Treasure Mountain to Montvale, Virginia and let me know how far from Fort Knox the line passes. It would be interesting to know for the conversation.
Sounds like fun. I would have to set up a conformal map to do that. It wouldn't take too long but I'll have to work in some mapping time. My monitors are full of projects at present. Maybe by this weekend?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If that oblong object in the upper right quadrant represents a mirror image, could that be the IAYAYAM code that Von Mueller mentioned? I Am Yours And You Are Mine.
lue map genuine 2.jpg

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Sounds like fun. I would have to set up a conformal map to do that. It wouldn't take too long but I'll have to work in some mapping time. My monitors are full of projects at present. Maybe by this weekend?
That would be great. I appreciate it and thank you very much.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Just to give you an idea of where those lines intersect, it's at 37 deg 57' 37,60" N and 86 deg 01' 21.28" W. It's on the northwest edge of the fort, the southeast side of the riverbend and 6.15 miles from the depository, according to google earth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions