CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monday evenings hour hunt at the dirt road site . Found a little brass case . I had no idea that anything was inside until early this mourning . :o

CMdawg

4-22 13 # 1.JPG4-22 13 # 2.JPG4-22 13 # 3 (2).JPG4-22 13 # 3 (5).JPG4-22 13 # 5.JPG4-22 13 # 6.JPG4-22 13 # 3 (8).JPG4-22 13 # 3 (9).JPG4-22 13 # 3 (7).JPG Update 4-23 clean 4-23-13 X.JPGclean 4-23-13 re.JPG cleaned them up a bit , turns out # 3 is a Union Flour CW token D.L. Wing & Co. NY, NY According to my research , flour was exactly seven cents a pound in the late 1860's , could it be this person was going to town to buy some ,

:dontknow: CMD

Attachments

• 4-22 13  # 3.JPG
    4-22 13 # 3.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 642
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Awesome! I could see a nickle and a penny. What are the other coins, and if you could give us years as well?

how cool is that!

Very nice, I'm with SusanMN on this one, details please!

Awesome find! Congrats:occasion14:

AWESOME FIND... Would love to know what the other coins are as well

Hey alright way to go.great finds.

An awesome find! It may be nice to know every single detail. What dates, denominations, mint marks, color of the rust inside, how deep, what did it sound like, what was the vdi, etc., etc., etc. LOL

BUT, the KEY part of it is that you found this awesome box full of goodies!! NO NEED , (for me), to know any more than you've already shared. I love it!

Thanks!

HH!

My luck: it would be empty, but you're lucky you're not me. Very nice!

Now that is what we all hope for everytime we find any old container while detecting, sure nice to know that some do actually contain some goodies!! Big Congrat on the finds.

Don

Cool find, Hard to top that one.
I'd like to know more about the coins also.

oh man that's incredible. I think that is the oldest change purse/container with coins I've ever seen posted. Super cool! I see the large cent and shield nickel, but what is the other coin? almost looks like a civil war token or something.

Isn't that what you get in Cracker Jacks??? What a compact little find, congrats on the piggy bank...

metal_detector_searching.gif
Neat find. It looks like something a young pup would have had - bet he (or she) felt bad when they lost it CMDiamonddawg!

That shield nickel is in awesome shape- the case really protected it through all those decades. Congrats!

oh man that's incredible. I think that is the oldest change purse/container with coins I've ever seen posted. Super cool! I see the large cent and shield nickel, but what is the other coin? almost looks like a civil war token or something.

Cool find...I was think the third was some sort of token also...please update us on the third coin...thanks.

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back