Knights Templar Antique Sword

Joecoins

Mar 21, 2016
PEI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I acquired this sword today locally On Prince Edward island from a seller I found on Kijiji. Although the seller said it came from the US.
He said he inherited it from his aunt when he was very young 40+ yrs ago. The aunt had a place in the US full of antiques. Apparently she liked collecting and this likely came to her from an estate sale. The guy I bought it from also never found any info on where/ whos name is written on the sword.
If anyone can please help me figure out the location given and name of owner and any info on both would be much appreciated.
Has the red cross , does this make it a York Rite , knights of the red cross?
Any other cool info I may have missed?
PXL_20240112_031930991.MP~2.jpg

Upvote 20
I acquired this sword today locally On Prince Edward island from a seller I found on Kijiji. Although the seller said it came from the US.
He said he inherited it from his aunt when he was very young 40+ yrs ago. The aunt had a place in the US full of antiques. Apparently she liked collecting and this likely came to her from an estate sale. The guy I bought it from also never found any info on where/ whos name is written on the sword.
If anyone can please help me figure out the location given and name of owner and any info on both would be much appreciated.
Has the red cross , does this make it a York Rite , knights of the red cross?
Any other cool info I may have missed?View attachment 2125628
Not sure if my count is right, 33 links on the chain?

PXL_20240606_220936321.jpg

33 or 31, depends if you count the two bigger ones.

I know this is an older thread and the poster has looked at a lot of history, but for William Henry Taylor. The sword is well past the ACW and the blade is clearly marked. No Henry W., or William H., These details count. Call them up, or write. If you'd rather. Ask them if it was the legendary William Henry Taylor. Look to place the man living in the Boston area. This is not a sword he would have had in 1861. Where was he in the 1890s? Why order a sword from Bent&Bush in Boston? NH and MA are a much more likely draw for sales from basically a gentleman's shop selling fraternal swords.
  • Haverhill, Florida, city in Florida, United States.
  • Haverhill, Iowa, city in Iowa, United States.
  • Haverhill, Kansas, city in Kansas, United States.
  • Haverhill, Massachusetts, city in Massachusetts, United States. ...
  • Haverhill, New Hampshire, city in New Hampshire, United States.

Be persistent
Thank you for the info and the input.

Check out the "jewels" I found online recently.

With some info for the mystery...

KT 14(Haverhill), is Massachusetts. ,
and the exact building- The birthplace of Whittier...

Also
Screenshot_20240607-182332~3.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back