Kevin in Colorado...and elsewhere

Well, I’m a bit chagrined to see I haven’t been updating this for a year! I’ve been getting out digging routinely of course. My streak is 12 months longer! I recently started metal detecting with a Gold Monster 1000. These were the first “nuggets” I found, in July. I spent a week at the AKAU Resort outside of Nome. Over the rest of the week, I found 5 more detecting as well as larger nuggets found while high banking and running their small commercial scale wash plant. Fun week, I hope to go again!
Glad you got up to Alaska, and I'm so jealous! I had a gold prospecting trip planned in 2020 where I would have done some nugget hunting/detecting, but then the pandemic cancelled that. Finally made it up there last summer with my son and we did some panning (I won't embarrass myself by showing what we found - but we did find Alaska gold!). I'll have to look at that AKAU Resort and try to get up there in 2025 or 2026.
And thanks for updating your "...elsewhere" thread! We all love following your adventures!
- Brian

Great to hear from you Brian! I’d love to organize a group to go up to AKAU together, including you of course!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back