Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3cylbill and I were back at it again. Slaying silver left right and center. Had another amazing day with a mind blowing amount of coins. I didn't quite manage to top my last hunt, but boy did I try. Bill brought out his explorer and chased me down all day, we were neck and neck for silver for a good portion of the day(see his lunchtime update in his hand below). He's got a few years on me and was swinging a machine almost 1.5 lbs heavier than mine, and he had me working overtime trying to keep just barely ahead. I snuck the last two in near the end of the day, man I'm whooped. So my days total was 14 indians, a 2 cent piece, a shield nickel, and 9 more silvers. One of the silvers was a bucket lister for me, canadian half dime. I believe bill ended up with a large cent and 7 silvers. so total of 16 silvers between the two of us today. All in all another great day detecting. Hopefully this many great days in a row doesn't get a price put on my head here on tnet......
20180428_172304_resized.jpg20180428_172416_resized.jpg20180428_135836_resized.jpg

Upvote 50
You guys kicked some serious butt out there- Awesome coins- Congrats to you both!

-- Jeff --

Boy oh boy this day paid off big time for you..congrats on all the coins. Wow!

Did a bank blow up there or what, beyond an epic day there!

I finally brought a machine made that could reach down and get the deep coins. I haven't used the ex2 in 5 or_6 years as it is zoo heavy Thanks to TP for !letting me listen to his deep targets I figured it out in an hour and was giving old TP a run for his money. This minelab has always intimidated me with so may options ,I decided to run factory preset and go wit it. I don' know why IDidn' t find any Indians but finding just silver and one large cent made it better. I told t I was conning after him as I was feeling cocky finding all that deeeep silver. I have to thank my hunting Buddy for taking the time to help me out and get me up and running but alas every time I scored and warning him I was after him he would step right up and score . after finding another ....seventeen silver and 6 or 7 hours of hard hunting I gave in as my poor old arm was like rubber and we headed home after a day we will both never forget.this is probably our last hunt as it's growing up fast we will regroup and get bigger coils as most stuff was found at 8" to 12"+ we both believe there are may more targets at14" and deeper..thank T for a great hunt and looking to many many more....

Wow amazing hunt guys. I'm thrilled just to find a single silver coin.

Hope you can back soon, before it is overgrown.

HH,

Pete

Wow. Just.....WOW!!Good !!! 😱 The stuff dreams are made of.
Thanks!

Wow, this is wild. Looking forward to seeing what you get next Saturday!
thanks! The plants will be too high by then unfortunately. The grass was already pushing up the dead stuff from last year's growth.
How long to we have to put up with this:dontknow::laughing7: Another great hunt guy's!
this might be the last one for this year unless we find another spot like this that's able to be hunted in the summer.

What a nice day out there nice recovery on all ur coins
That is a lot of silvers. Hh gl.
Thanks!

Great numbers in the silver and coppers as it's really something out of the late 70/early 80's. It really shows there's hope yet for many that think every spot is hunted almost out, you've both shown it's just knowing where to go. Congrats!
I always heard the stories, never thought we would find something like it.
Epic hunt with that many seated coins the same day! Congrats. That is a hunt you will never forget.
thanks!
You guys kicked some serious butt out there- Awesome coins- Congrats to you both!

-- Jeff --
thanks!

Did a bank blow up there or what, beyond an epic day there!

Sue seems like it haha

I finally brought a machine made that could reach down and get the deep coins. I haven't used the ex2 in 5 or_6 years as it is zoo heavy Thanks to TP for !letting me listen to his deep targets I figured it out in an hour and was giving old TP a run for his money. This minelab has always intimidated me with so may options ,I decided to run factory preset and go wit it. I don' know why IDidn' t find any Indians but finding just silver and one large cent made it better. I told t I was conning after him as I was feeling cocky finding all that deeeep silver. I have to thank my hunting Buddy for taking the time to help me out and get me up and running but alas every time I scored and warning him I was after him he would step right up and score . after finding another ....seventeen silver and 6 or 7 hours of hard hunting I gave in as my poor old arm was like rubber and we headed home after a day we will both never forget.this is probably our last hunt as it's growing up fast we will regroup and get bigger coils as most stuff was found at 8" to 12"+ we both believe there are may more targets at14" and deeper..thank T for a great hunt and looking to many many more....
Once again great day. We gotta get on finding another new spot for the summer.

Wow amazing hunt guys. I'm thrilled just to find a single silver coin.

Hope you can back soon, before it is overgrown.

HH,

Pete
thanks!

Also I dunno if anyone saw the condition on one of bills seated dimes there, but I've never seen a coin that good come out of the ground.

Holy 4 letter words !
6 X seated, and 3 Canadian Victorian WOW!
What are the dates on Can. coins is a little hard to see in the group shot, is one of the dimes 1858 ?

Holy 4 letter words !
6 X seated, and 3 Canadian Victorian WOW!
What are the dates on Can. coins is a little hard to see in the group shot, is one of the dimes 1858 ?

From left to right 1858 1900 1880

SILVER FINDS ARE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH THEY SAY

Man what a great hunt, you really killed it on the US & Canadian silvers! :occasion14:
On occasion I've found Vickie silvers, but it's been a while since I found a 'Fishie' Vickie silver Nickel.

Congrats on your US LC & US Seated silver finds too!
Dave

Man what a great hunt, you really killed it on the US & Canadian silvers! :occasion14:
On occasion I've found Vickie silvers, but it's been a while since I found a 'Fishie' Vickie silver Nickel.

Congrats on your US LC & US Seated silver finds too!
Dave
Thanks, this spot has given up my only canadian silvers.

Outstanding hunt big congrats...:occasion14:
Thanks!

Wow ! That's just incredible. Congrats to both of you on a great outing.

Hi, wow that was a killer hunt, congrats on the nice finds:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back