Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I was going through some of my finds from 2013 and found these old spoon remnants and this ornate piece. They were all found in the lawn of an old farm house built in the 1820's. I believe the spoons to be pewter but not positive. The pattern on the possible bell piece is petals and the letter is either an "m" or a "w". Thanks for looking and any interest or replies you have.
hupa2yvy.jpg

eta3u7u4.jpg

yderevad.jpg

e8aguzy7.jpg

a9uvurar.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sure is! You have a couple of nice pieces of pewter there, HH

Upvote 0
Thank you both very much for your replies and affirming what the piece is. I just read " never throw anything away until confirmed to be trash" somewhere on this forum within the last couple days and this is a good example of this policy. I found this very early last year and now that I know what it is, will give that area a very slow and methodical search. I never use headphones but may have to this once.

Upvote 0
Thank you both very much for your replies and affirming what the piece is. I just read " never throw anything away until confirmed to be trash" somewhere on this forum within the last couple days and this is a good example of this policy. I found this very early last year and now that I know what it is, will give that area a very slow and methodical search. I never use headphones but may have to this once.

I don't know your age,I'm 62,I need the high impedance headphones,them high tones ring so SWEET!

Upvote 0
I will be 52 in a couple months. I haven't used phones because I like to be aware of my surroundings. We have many black bears around as well as rattlesnakes. I believe the area these as well as the big coppers were found to be a long inhabited area. I may have to use the phones and dig even the subtle tones.
Thank you Mr Soloman and Talker for those wonderful links.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back