Is the 1909 S VDB a BANNER Worthy Recovery?

Everything that comes out of the dirt is awesome (Oh look thats a neat pop top) oh another penny, is it a wheat or a lincoln zincoln IHP flyer largie? A penny still gets me going everytime I rub the dirt to see what it is. Key dates, Better! o9svdb wowie its all fun and games here. The banner finds are the creme de la creme but I think I would rather have an honorable than a banner myself. But I have neither, so who's talking?

I never thought of that psychology before, but you're right: It's probably the old "crowds draw crowds" psychology. And when you walk into an auditorium full of people looking for a place to sit, you tend to sit next to a friend or someone you know, if you happen to see them in the crowd.

SO TOO do we all probably subconsciously tend to click on the posts of persons who have been long-time contributors. You have grown accustomed to their wit and style of writing. Perhaps you know their prior finds and admire their types of hunt environment show-&-tells, etc... And perhaps are subconsciously not clicking on posts of those persons you never heard of (unless the title were something very catching ?)

Good point! There are a lot of guys whos Today's Find's posts I seem to regularly click on, most of the time unconciously. I also enjoy seeing what people who don't live in the U.S. find, especially in Europe or Asia, which have much older and different finds than the stuff we are used to finding/seeing here. I also like people who have well written stories about their hunt, not too long, or too short. I try to make my Today's Finds threads sound like something I would like to read, but sometimes find myself making small accidental gramatical errors, or rambling on about small details of a hunt and leaving the stuff that matters until the last couple sentences.

Sent from my phone, without spellcheck or proof reading.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back