I have a fever and still went out ( gold ) UPDATE!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red was a little worried, I have been running a slight fever the last couple of days!!!

Did that stop me ???

NO

Finally it warmed up outside above 40 and It was Bright and Sunny, Grabbed the detector Gave red a Quick peck and I was gone!!!

The park I have been hunting the last few weeks Has so much Promise that I will be hunting it every chance i get for awhile!!!

I found a cheap gold plated thing, a star that looks like a sheriffs badge and a bunch of clad $3.28 the Tylenol i took before I left was wearing off after 4 hours so i decided to work My way back to Possum ( my truck ) Found on road dead!! My step son named it and it fit!!!!

I must have not been feeling well at the time and started in the wrong direction well after crossing the Park detecting on the Way I hit The first gold of the Season for Me!!!! And I had My camera with me :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

I finally found my truck A putted on home to hand red the camera Instead of the ring!!! And had her look at the pictures!! she took last Pic!!! LOL then she took the ring!!! HH All Chug

Here are the better pics red took the last one as i was relaxing!!!

Attachments

• 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,792
  • 028.JPG
    028.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,781
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,779
Upvote 0
Re: I have a fever and still went out ( gold )

Chug and Red said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Cool !!

At 10k I'm going to presume the Diamonds are CZ's. :icon_scratch: You generally find CZ's in anything under 14k. :dontknow: Congratulations on the gold though !! :icon_thumleft: Not trying to insult your find or anything just telling you what I know. :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

:hello2: I'm positive they are real diamonds, we will have them checked tomorrow! I have many rings that are 10 karat and all have real diamonds. We were told it's not done as much any more, and 10 karat is used a lot because though it is a lower gold content, it will be stronger, as the more gold, the softer the metal. Will keep you posted! :laughing9: :thumbsup: Red

I just want to stress the fact I'm not attacking your find I'm just trying to inform people. :dontknow: People feel attacked when told what they have could be fake. :thumbsup: Not trying to do that just want to enlighten people. :read2: Yes some 10k jewelry have real diamonds but for the most part they are CZ. :icon_scratch: Its just a rule of thumb when looking at 10k gold with diamonds to be cautious of fake diamonds. :icon_thumleft: As for the stronger gold that's why they use 18k and 14k because its harder than 22k or 24k but when you get down to 10k and 9k its not hardly gold anymore. 10k is 41% gold not even half gold and 14k and 18k is plenty strong. Its not a matter of hardness at that point its a matter of being Cheap ! :laughing7: I hope they are real ! :hello2:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

:hello: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Just got back from the mall, had the ring cleaned and tested, all real!!!!!! 21 diamonds, and the jewelers all say nice stones, and the ring is beautifully made, one says it may be a custom ring, he has never seen one like it before! :hello2: We are thrilled, Chug will be making a post soon, he had a great day today!!!!!! Still running a fever, but was determined to get out, soooooooooo happy he did!!!!! He will be posting in about an hour and a half!!!!!! Can't wait to see what he says!!!! :headbang: Red :wav: :director: :happy1:

Attachments

• happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    happy_dance_Snoopy-vi.gif
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,155
Hello, :hello:

Well now we know the Diamonds are real :o I'm very curious, what are the markings if any ? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Congratulations guys !! :icon_thumleft:

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

Well now we know the Diamonds are real :o what are the markings if any ? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Thanks MUD!!!!!The mark is a star with either an F or a C inside it. If anyone knows what it may be, we would be glad to know! And your right on your other comments MUD, but I do want to let people know, just cause it's 10 carat, don't write off the stones as fake, get them tested!!!!!! Red

Chug and Red said:
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:

Well now we know the Diamonds are real :o what are the markings if any ? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Thanks MUD!!!!!The mark is a star with either an F or a C inside it. If anyone knows what it may be, we would be glad to know! And your right on your other comments MUD, but I do want to let people know, just cause it's 10 carat, don't write off the stones as fake, get them tested!!!!!! Red

I'd agree, unless your 100% sure never presume anything is fake. :o Until you get it tested and that goes for Gold, Diamonds and Silver... :icon_thumleft: I mean they do fake it ALL so its important to know what to look out for but... Never go by just one thing cause theres always something that off-sets it. So get real tests for real results, did they use a machine tester ?! :thumbsup:

:icon_thumleft: They used a machine AND also the other test on the gold, and the machine and loupe was used to verify diamond authinticity, we had 2 people helping us, and they had a ball hearing the story on Chug's finds. They also checked out our other jewelry we had, but the rest is Chug's story, for it goes with his finds for today!!!!!! He still has a fever, and is feeling crummy, my youngest son was here for a visit, and didn't let us know he was sick. Now I'm feeling crappy, and he knows NOT to come and visit when he is sick, because my health is bad, and I get sick very easily. :( Well, I hear Chug getting out of the tub, so soon he will make his post, all I can say is OMG!!!!!!! :laughing9: :o ;D

Sweet find and great story you guys. I love to see what comes out of the Vancouver area as I spent a few years there. Congrats on the ring!

About a year ago I posted what I thought was a big gold ring with a fat diamond mounted on it. Everyone on the forum figured it would be real cuz of the size of the ring, It was real gold but the diamond was not. My wife stopped wearing it. And I was very disappointed......But GOLD is GOLD!
And you did well! WTG! Happy for you!!!!

Great find!!

Congratulations!

Cheers

:hello: I have been getting so many compliments about this little ring, first thing my youngest son asked is if it was the one he was going to give his stepmom for her birthday in a few months! LOL Like that is going to happen!!!!! :laughing9: The best part of getting the ring, is how Chug gave it to me, I had to really clean it big time, in order to see what Chug had found! To me, the best thing is seeing the joy and excitement he shows when he comes home with his finds! Even on days when he doesn't find anything, he always has such interesting stories!!!!! Red :thumbsup:

harleyroadangel said:
That's a really pretty ring, and loved how she took the pic of it inside the orchid......big congrats!

Joy in Fl

Thank you, the orchid was part of a flower arangement for our 16th wedding anniversary on Valentines day! ;D

I think finding an old park that has not been hunted in a long time helps I have pulled over 20.00 in clad over 8.00 of it just in pennies
Not going hunting this weekend due to frozen ground today and Heavy rain for the next week!!!! :'( :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back