Human remains?

There's a neighborhood in Fernie, B.C. that was built on a cemetery. People find bones on their property and just keep quiet about it so as not to affect real estate values. The locals know, of course, but as the real estate market there is driven by foreigners buying homes as recreational property the tactic mostly works.

hauntings waiting to happen

OK....my turn! I know this person(not personally) that is a civil war relic hunter....I will let you all come to your own conclusions....This guy never has anything short of a outstanding day. This guy has a u.s. and c.s. plate collection nicer than most museums, all in great shape....buttons the same way. If he "finds" a c.s. tongue, he always finds the wreath also. He always posts his finds on a internet site(not a detecting site) for all to see.....here is the weird part: There are almost never any commonly found relics in his finds pics, no bullets, no j-hooks...etc. If asked where these awesome relics came from; you will just get a "not anywhere around here". For the last year or so this guy has averaged atleast 1-2 plates a month....alot of them confederate. Most of the relic hunters that know this guy have their opinions, but ill let you have your own....

Last edited:
Went to a old army camp and the cemetery had to be relocated due to grave robbing. I put my detector the rest of the day, just didnt feel right to even be searching close to it. If you report a body, you just became suspect number one. But it is the right thing to do. Unfortunately, native american graves are robbed all the time legally. Why a piece of paper makes it right makes no sense to me. Let me put it into perspective, did up grandma's grave first and make ya a ring out of the silver in her teeth.

OK....my turn! I know this person(not personally) that is a civil war relic hunter....I will let you all come to your own conclusions....This guy never has anything short of a outstanding day. This guy has a u.s. and c.s. plate collection nicer than most museums, all in great shape....buttons the same way. If he "finds" a c.s. tongue, he always finds the wreath also. He always posts his finds on a internet site(not a detecting site) for all to see.....here is the weird part: There are almost never any commonly found relics in his finds pics, no bullets, no j-hooks...etc. If asked where these awesome relics came from; you will just get a "not anywhere around here". For the last year or so this guy has averaged atleast 1-2 plates a month....alot of them confederate. Most of the relic hunters that know this guy have their opinions, but ill let you have your own....

Differently strange, sound like there is more to those finds than there seems.

Sadly I have found remains whilst detecting :angel5: Notified the police but they were not interested...poor pigeon nobody cared.:laughing7:

So sad, that pigeon needed a proper burial! :( :( :(

Back in the late 70's / early 80's I was living in Florida on a smallish barrier island. My next door neighbor was having a pool dug and they discovered a skeleton during the excavation. It turned out to be a Young native American girl that had been there many many years.

He was kind of quiet about what he took but he did mention rings. He wouldn't talk of anything else he took, I think he was quiet because he hadn't been prosecuted for everything he had taken. Up here in maine there are lots of old hidden graveyards, sometimes there even abandoned and forgotten about in the woods.

Sent from a empty soda can!

They are literally everywhere anywhere near the coast. I have found several way out in the middle of nowhere. There's over 100 graveyards in Phippsburg alone....and that town is not very big

They are literally everywhere anywhere near the coast. I have found several way out in the middle of nowhere. There's over 100 graveyards in Phippsburg alone....and that town is not very big

Absolutely, I have been through phippsburg many times. I would like to detect some of these forgotten cemeteries (outside the gates where they parked/hitched the horses) but some people would not understand I would be outside the gate so I have refrained from doing so.

Sent from a empty soda can!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back