Human remains?

Theres lots of possibilities on the east coast for digging up remains accidentally ,especially around the battle fields.Quite a few MIAs during the civil war.I read the estimate at one time,though i forget the number quoted it was pretty outrageous,it was something like 200,000.

I know a guy that found a child's skull on his property. He called the authorities and some testing was done. It had been there for a very long time and had likely died from serious head trauma as there was an obvious impact area.

Did his place become haunted after that?

Haven't found any bones yet, but that is my great fear. While detecting I will get a good signal and dig only to find a ring or something that is "still in possession" of it's owner, and then have to answer countless questions I don't have answers to, there goes the rest of that day detecting!

Ya but just think,one of us on here may be the one that finds Jimmy Hoffa!

Wade

We often see ancient human remains along the river banks when fishing. First time I saw it thought it was a deer. The burials collapse out of the banks. The most common item that sticks on the banks will be half of the lower mandible. Pretty common and very sad. It is illegal to remove or disturb them or any item. The deep water will eventually claim them.
No agency is interested in them.

That is interesting that no one has interest in preserving the site. Do you know if this is an old cemetery or an old indian burial ground?

Wade

On the advice of my attorney, I cannot comment on this thread.

A little off topic now, when I was a teenager I worked a part time job on a lobster wharf. This place had lots of turn over as they hired scum bags. This one in drunk in particular was quite willing to talk about his stint grave robbing in the seventies...he said him and another guy would dig the biggest stone in a given grave yard as the person buried came from money and therefore had the best chance of having valuables...to this day I believe he was telling the truth...that guy was weird!

Sent from a empty soda can!

A little off topic now, when I was a teenager I worked a part time job on a lobster wharf. This place had lots of turn over as they hired scum bags. This one in drunk in particular was quite willing to talk about his stint grave robbing in the seventies...he said him and another guy would dig the biggest stone in a given grave yard as the person buried came from money and therefore had the best chance of having valuables...to this day I believe he was telling the truth...that guy was weird!

oh man that's nuts. But thanks for the story!

Not too far off topic I don't think. It could be a warped way for someone to view a "treasure"? X marks the spot? lol sorry.

But did he say what stuff he found?

Last edited:
oh man that's nuts. But thanks for the story!

Not too far off topic I don't think. It could be a warped way for someone to view a "treasure"? X marks the spot? lol sorry.

But did he say what stuff he found?

He was kind of quiet about what he took but he did mention rings. He wouldn't talk of anything else he took, I think he was quiet because he hadn't been prosecuted for everything he had taken. Up here in maine there are lots of old hidden graveyards, sometimes there even abandoned and forgotten about in the woods.

He was kind of quiet about what he took but he did mention rings. He wouldn't talk of anything else he took, I think he was quiet because he hadn't been prosecuted for everything he had taken. Up here in maine there are lots of old hidden graveyards, sometimes there even abandoned and forgotten about in the woods.

lol I wonder if he experienced any hauntings or anything.

Other than looking over his shoulder for the law probably not.

Those are some crazy stories, I can't believe that no one would claim on old burials even if it's just to relocate them after they have been exposed.

There was one found on some property on the river here. They said it was native and very old. They re-buried the remains and told everybody involved to keep quiet about it's location.

lol I wonder if he experienced any hauntings or anything.

Other than looking over his shoulder for the law probably not.

Lol, yeah he was the type who had no remorse for anything he did. He also had a very, very short fuse. Always looking for a fight...

Lol, yeah he was the type who had no remorse for anything he did. He also had a very, very short fuse. Always looking for a fight...

I dislike people like that.

I make a point of trying to hunt out of the way wooded areas, so the posssibility of uncovering remains is always in thee back of my mind-just hasn;t happened yet!

There's a neighborhood in Fernie, B.C. that was built on a cemetery. People find bones on their property and just keep quiet about it so as not to affect real estate values. The locals know, of course, but as the real estate market there is driven by foreigners buying homes as recreational property the tactic mostly works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back