Help recomendations on a loupe?

Hey guys i want to buy a loupe for jewelry and prospecting. What is decent to buy?
Im looking at the B&L triplet 10x 13mm and belomo 10x 21mm. Any recomendations on a decent loupe for reasonable $?

Meet too, been wanting to get one. But i want a quality piece not some cheap Chinese POS. suggestions please!

Go to Ebay, Punch in lighted loops .I strongly recommend getting one with a light, probably for under 5.00. If you can afford it get two, one for at home and one for in the car, you wont have to worry about forgetting it. I have had mine for three years. There is nothing to break on them.

Last edited:
I have three loupes of varying quality, lost two loupes "out there", a stereo microscope, two optivisors, - you can never have enough if you're in it for the
long haul. Oh, have a ten dollar throwaway camera too! :tongue3:

Hey FullPan, where do you live in nevada? I just moved to winnemucca.

Hey FullPan, where do you live in nevada? I just moved to winnemucca.

I'm in Reno/Sparks - spent a couple nights at the Model-T motel while exploring surrounding areas. PM me if you wanna talk locations.

Hi robbor, I've owned a pair of B&L's for many years, a 10X and a 20X. The B&L's are corrected for edge to edge clarity, therefore nothing is out of focus. Look for this feature in any lens purchase. They do not have to be B&L's to be a good lens!.........................63bkpkr

I bought mine used off a local clock repairman for about $10 if anyone around its worth asking.

I bought a set of 3 off of fleabay for under $10 (w/shipping). The
lenses are poor quality, but they do for me when I just can't see
something with my glasses on. They're 10x, 20x and 30x.

New 2pc Jewelers Eye Loupe Set 30x Dual 10x 20x Magnifying Glass Ships Fr USA | eBay

If I had to use them for anything more than checking the occasional rock or
pan for micro-gold, they would definitely be upgraded to a quality set of
illuminated ones.

Kind of like a beginners telescope...the optics may not be great, bit it'll
get the job done.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back