Hate to Be Your last Words

THE VERY FAMOUS WORDS OF A UNION GENERAL WHO'S OFFICERS BEGGED HIM TO "STAY LOW" BECAUSE OF CONFEDERATE SNIPERS---"why they couldn't hit a elephant at this dis,,,,," sad but true ---guess he found out he was wrong the "hard" way--- that has to be the ultimate "I told you so" in my book---Ivan

train ? what traaa........

Speaking of which has anyone ever gotten spooked while crossing a considerably high train tressel ? Every time i cross one i ALWAYS think of that movie Stand By Me & if you have watched that movie you know what i mean ! If not watch it its a great movie.

Spitfire Reddie said:
train ? what traaa........

Speaking of which has anyone ever gotten spooked while crossing a considerably high train tressel ? Every time i cross one i ALWAYS think of that movie Stand By Me & if you have watched that movie you know what i mean ! If not watch it its a great movie.

I have seen the movie and also had a similar experience. I was chasing after a goose my buddy shot during season and it's path went down train tracks. This was on a built up levy several feet above the surrounding fields. I pursued him and just seconds after I stepped off the tracks to grab the goose, a train came smoking by seemingly from thin air. Being on the elevated tracks, I had never heard the trains approach. BEWARE: I later learned that being on tracks with a speeding train coming, you sometimes can't hear it until it is right upon you. I am living proof of that. Given a couple more seconds I would have been a statistic.

While standing on the deck of one of Richard Simons diet cruises. "hurry everyone to the left side of the ship to see the whales"

"don't worry, its not loaded" too bad those were Terry Kath's (x guitarist for Chicago) last words right before he accidentally shot himself in the head. :'( its a shame some people use guns as toys or props.

Oh Sht!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Attachments

• Ohshit.jpg
    Ohshit.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 464
  • Ohshit.jpg
    Ohshit.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 472
What are those size 17 shoes doing in our bedroom? I don't wear size 17?!

"He looks harmless enough, and besides it is raining out. Let's just give him a ride to the next town."

"Here, let me do that for you!"

"Are you sure you know what your doing?"

"Get out of the way, let me try it."

"OPPS!!!"

Worst moment was when I had an antique gas heated steam furnace with more gagues than a steam train. The old furnace was in an old house we had just bought when we moved to northeast Ohio. The furnace wasn't working or putting out heat and it was now Winter. We had the local repairman come over and check it out. As I was watching over his shoulder he struck a match and began to run it along a pipe. I asked him what he was doing and he said "checking for leaks!" I told him I'd be down at the bar if he needed me for anything. I came back home after he called and told me we were "back in business."

JRich

"Hate to Be Your last Words"

On the serious side...not having said the last words to my brother before he died and now never having the opportunity again

stefen kind of hit on something we should all remember not to say something to others that we will regret like "i wish you'd drop dead " etc.cause you never know.
my grandfather always told me no matter how mad he and grandma were mad at each other there would always be that kiss goodnight before bed.thats nice because (god forbid )one of them passed in the night the other would remember the kiss as the last thing that happened between them.grandpa and grandma are both gone now but the advice is still something to remember.

here are the fava beans and chaniti wine you ask me to pick up for you at the store Mr. Lecter-- :D

''Hey y'all, watch this!!''

and my buddies favorite saying....almost WAS his last remark one time
''I saw this in a cartoon once....I think I can do it'' lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back