Good teen-friendly places in eastern PA?

pio_dov

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2024
Southeast Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mate and I spent a summer CITing at a camp together, and after finding a bunch of weird old stuff there over the years (such as fancy spoons spoons and the ruins of an old tire swing set), we decided we wanted to get into detector treasure hunting. He lives in Lancaster County, and I live near Philly. We also go near Reading's outskirts and Monroe County sometimes. Any good places to go that aren't dangerous for two boys under 5'8? We're not very strong and don't really have any way to defend ourselves. Thanks in advance!

You always have your digger for defense. There is always more security in numbers. Hunting alone these days isn't a wise thing. Just always stay aware of your surroundings. If a place gives you bad vibes or you notice things that make you uncomfortable then leave.
There is no find worth a beat-down or an encounter with thugs. Early in the morning is usually a good time for metal detecting public places. Save late evening detecting for your private permissions.
Be alert and mindful, not fearful. Listen to your instincts.

If you like the water, and have transportation, try Delaware Seashores State park just north of the Indian River Inlet Bridge. I go there alone sometimes, and I'm old. No dangers but don't go in the water. BAD rip currents.

If you like the water, and have transportation, try Delaware Seashores State park just north of the Indian River Inlet Bridge. I go there alone sometimes, and I'm old. No dangers but don't go in the water. BAD rip currents.
Tell the truth, they don't mess with you because they know they'd get their butt kicked.. LOL
I remember as a teen there was local store where older guys would gather every day. They'd do their thing, sit around and talk. Over time I got in good with them. One day one told me "you know the difference between a young man and an old man"? He said "Young man will run their mouth and play with you, an old man will kick the ***t out of you". We all laughed. I miss those days.

Thanks a ton for this! We both have mild sensory issues regarding sand, but this looks like a PERFECT place to go in winter/fall when we'll be wearing hi-tops and rainboots anyway. I also imagine the winter will be good to draw up less of a crowd and have more privacy. I'll let my friend know!

You always have your digger for defense. There is always more security in numbers. Hunting alone these days isn't a wise thing. Just always stay aware of your surroundings. If a place gives you bad vibes or you notice things that make you uncomfortable then leave.
There is no find worth a beat-down or an encounter with thugs. Early in the morning is usually a good time for metal detecting public places. Save late evening detecting for your private permissions.
Be alert and mindful, not fearful. Listen to your instincts.
As a Junior Olympic fencer, I'll keep this in mind. I've been told that for what I lack in muscle I make up for in "Probability to Main You with a Metal Stick".

pio_dov: Life is full of challenges, no matter who you are. The key is to not let them get in the way of things you want to do, and like you've done here, you find a way to make it work.

I've had challenges in my life, and since my young years I've come to embrace the "Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome" mantra of the US Marine Corp. Find a way...it may not be the perfect way, but it'll work.
woot-035.gif

Or, as Johnny Blaze once said: "You can't live in fear".
evil.gif

Welcome to TreasureNet !

Contact these Guys, They are a Great Bunch of people all ages & 100% Trustworthy :coffee2:

I Don't know These Guys below ? Not sure if New or Old

Nor These

However May be worth a Look-See !

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back