Gold in your backyard

High Etiquette 009

Nov 20, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter DISC 3300, Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy!

I've been working on a mining project since my discovery in summer of 2022. It was somewhat a matter of luck, and the fact that I live in a former gold producing district. As I was detecting in my backyard and found a target that was worth digging. I tried to dig with a shovel, then decided to get my pick' from my shed. As I broke into the ground in late August I ended up with a old beer can and around it a bunch of what looked like nuggets. Really tempting to just burry back in the ground.....

So from here on I've been on a mission to approach gold mining in a different fashion. I collected up all I could from this hole and placed them into Ball Jars. Eventually I moved onto a different patch in my backyard which by myself I managed to recover probably about 1 or 2 tons from. I have a lot less now due to space. This was summer of 2023, so the photos you seeing are what one-year of dry washing will do to "gold".

Hope you all found this interesting. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with something or are curious about my techniques as there are more that go into the recovery it then just digging.

Happy Hunting & Stay Safe!

Attachments

• P_20240615_205031.jpg
    P_20240615_205031.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 124
  • P_20240615_205039.jpg
    P_20240615_205039.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 121
  • P_20240615_205046.jpg
    P_20240615_205046.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 2
Still needs to crush to a powder for a proper fire assay. Why not pan some along the process?

I don't mean to be unkind, but I genuinely do not trust that the OP will know the gold even if he sees it in the pan. Better to send some samples to an expert. A lot of labs can assay small samples.

I don't mean to be unkind, but I genuinely do not trust that the OP will know the gold even if he sees it in the pan. Better to send some samples to an expert. A lot of labs can assay small samples.
Gold will just flatten out. Other minerals could also be present. Still the assay will need the samples crushed into powder form.

Surfing legend and ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’ actor Tamayo Perry killed in shark attack in Hawaii https://trib.al/q117N8K

Pirates of the Caribbean actor Tamayo Perry has died after being attacked by a shark while surfing in Hawaii.

The 49-year-old died on Sunday afternoon, Honolulu’s emergency services confirmed in a press conference.

Emergency services were called to Malaekahana Beach at around 13:00 local time.

But Perry, who was also a lifeguard, was pronounced dead by paramedics after being brought to shore by jet ski.

Perry portrayed one of the buccaneers in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, the fourth film in the franchise.

A reference to the OP's profile pic I'll guess.....

Hadn't thought of that...perhaps there is some relevance, as the movie is as fictional as the subject of the thread.
moose.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back