Gold in your backyard

High Etiquette 009

Nov 20, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter DISC 3300, Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy!

I've been working on a mining project since my discovery in summer of 2022. It was somewhat a matter of luck, and the fact that I live in a former gold producing district. As I was detecting in my backyard and found a target that was worth digging. I tried to dig with a shovel, then decided to get my pick' from my shed. As I broke into the ground in late August I ended up with a old beer can and around it a bunch of what looked like nuggets. Really tempting to just burry back in the ground.....

So from here on I've been on a mission to approach gold mining in a different fashion. I collected up all I could from this hole and placed them into Ball Jars. Eventually I moved onto a different patch in my backyard which by myself I managed to recover probably about 1 or 2 tons from. I have a lot less now due to space. This was summer of 2023, so the photos you seeing are what one-year of dry washing will do to "gold".

Hope you all found this interesting. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with something or are curious about my techniques as there are more that go into the recovery it then just digging.

Happy Hunting & Stay Safe!

Attachments

• P_20240615_205031.jpg
    P_20240615_205031.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 124
  • P_20240615_205039.jpg
    P_20240615_205039.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 121
  • P_20240615_205046.jpg
    P_20240615_205046.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 2
You could also just dig on a really hot dry day and then pan them vigorously for a better shape and keep them dry.
Does water dissolve them?
They are formed when clay layer is shaken in a classifier.
Is it nature that is shaking the clay layer?
It is more of a matter of can they stand the test of time without being exposed to water.
Does water stop and destroy the deposit?
Is the concentration of acid the important factor of the deposit?
Is the deposit just micro / flour gold?

No they are not "rocks" they are what I call gold from below the top soil layer. It is more of a matter of can they stand the test of time without being exposed to water. They are formed when clay layer is shaken in a classifier. You could also just dig on a really hot dry day and then pan them vigorously for a better shape and keep them dry.

High Etiquette: I'll be as polite as I can here.

The people commenting on your thread here have likely (cumulatively) got a couple hundred years worth of gold mining experience. Me, I've only got 45 years into it.

What you have there is NOT GOLD, and no matter how long you keep it in a jar, wash it in classifiers, or do anything else with it, it's not, and never will be gold. To believe anything different is deluding yourself. What you do have could be petrified dinosaur turds for all I know, but it's not gold and never will be.

'Nuff said.

High Etiquette: I'll be as polite as I can here.

The people commenting on your thread here have likely (cumulatively) got a couple hundred years worth of gold mining experience. Me, I've only got 45 years into it.

What you have there is NOT GOLD, and no matter how long you keep it in a jar, wash it in classifiers, or do anything else with it, it's not, and never will be gold. To believe anything different is deluding yourself. What you do have could be petrified dinosaur turds for all I know, but it's not gold and never will be.

'Nuff said.
Well many may not agree that there is gold and other values pictured in the first post.
I would like to point out that High Etiquette also stated:
Hope you all found this interesting. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with something or are curious about my techniques as there are more that go into the recovery it then just digging.
I'm willing to let High Etiquette point out or explain the methods and let us ask about his techniques other then digging.

The pictures are hard to zoom in on and may reflect more about the process used rather then any visible minerals to the eye. The minerals are likely micro and not visible to the eyes.

Well many may not agree that there is gold and other values pictured in the first post.
I would like to point out that High Etiquette also stated:

I'm willing to let High Etiquette point out or explain the methods and let us ask about his techniques other then digging.

The pictures are hard to zoom in on and may reflect more about the process used rather then any visible minerals to the eye. The minerals are likely micro and not visible to the eyes.
Well why play games??!! Most sober adults are capable of conveying concise information in 2-3 paragraphs. Some in a single sentence.

Some here are well aware of how to play games from time to time here. I won’t name names. They know who they are. I enjoy their posts when they are not playing games.

You’re welcome to continue to play games with this thread.

Me, I’m going to use restraint and bow out of this charade. It’s simply not interesting enough. I’d rather hear about Charlene and Brandy at the bar.

Well why play games??!! Most sober adults are capable of conveying concise information in 2-3 paragraphs. Some in a single sentence.

Some here are well aware of how to play games from time to time here. I won’t name names. They know who they are. I enjoy their posts when they are not playing games.

You’re welcome to continue to play games with this thread.

Me, I’m going to use restraint and bow out of this charade. It’s simply not interesting enough. I’d rather hear about Charlene and Brandy at the bar.
The answer could be in part with the name "High Etiquette".

The answer could be in part with the name "High Etiquette".
With out High Etiquette 009 post there would not be 108 people viewing and asking questions.
Maybe some amusement along the way. Any answers is a plus factor when they come along.

A 5 G Bucket Weighs 50 LBs & I estimate they will be 150 LBs when pure gold/silver. So basically a triple in weight from out of the ground. Again, this is an estimate. I have to see how things pan out
Are you adding materials as the tripling of weight is taking place with the 'dry washing'?
Is the phrase 'pan out' just a saying or is there some panning taking place along the way?

Even if I don't receive as many answers as I like or the answers that I want to read I still learned something useful and that is reaching for a 'Higher Etiquette' along the way.

The answer I liked most was Oregon Vikings posts and pictures of examples of what to look for. Excellent.

I found some gold, but not in my back yard..
gold 012 (2).jpg
gold 012 (2).jpgmap 017.jpgz2.jpgz1.jpgazgoldmeteorite.jpg

Attachments

• 284416453_1935781316810050_2934016486370945254_n.jpg
    284416453_1935781316810050_2934016486370945254_n.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 7
High Etiquette has no doubt been following this thread, and may have realized his error, hence, the silence.

H.E. No worries. How about we get you chasing some real gold?

High Etiquette has no doubt been following this thread, and may have realized his error, hence, the silence.

I doubt High Etiquette has any intention of correcting their error.

High Etiquette posted twice before over the last two years with this same delusion.

Since High Etiquette has made no other posts here I'm now of the opinion that High Etiquette has no interest in or knowledge of gold prospecting.

Kinda made me wonder what High Etiquette's intent is in posting on Tnet. With these most recent posts I no longer wonder.

I disagree that they won't change & my Gold Bug Pro at 50% Threshold will sound on them already...

I'm basing my conclusion off several factors such as the; weight, shape, texture & color. Also as I mentioned to xr7ator, my Gold Bug will sound off on these now at a 50% threshold.

The content of Silver in gold nuggets is always approximatley 4 - 15 % and there is very proportional visible silver in these as I recover them from my mine which leads me to believe the rest mineral is gold that hasn't fully formed.
Where you are confusing us is by showing images that do not remotely resemble gold or silver. Scrape one of those nuggets and show us something shiny.

Where you are confusing us is by showing images that do not remotely resemble gold or silver. Scrape one of those nuggets and show us something shiny.
Some of us are willing to see the samples crushed and then panned to see the micro values. Even if a dry panning process has to be used.

Even if there is just micro values there in the samples there is little reason not to crush and pan some samples to show what is there.

Even if there is just micro values there in the samples there is little reason not to crush and pan some samples to show what is there.

Clay's post has made me reconsider. The reason H.E. won't crush/pan is so that they can keep yanking our chain.

I'm done here.

Clay's post has made me reconsider. The reason H.E. won't crush/pan is so that they can keep yanking our chain.

I'm done here.
The first and last link of the chain is to crush and pan when looking for possible mini and micro values no matter what you think is there.

The first and last link of the chain is to crush and pan when looking for possible mini and micro values no matter what you think is there.

I think you completely missed my point.

I believe H.E. is just using us/you for amusement, and you're playing right into his hands. He knows he's just got rocks, so he posts them with some lame explanation and then sits back and watches us while good people comment in an effort to help. He doesn't want help, he just wants to pull peoples strings.

I said: "I'm done here", because I don't care to play his games. You go right ahead though if that's what ya wanna do.

I think you completely missed my point.

I believe H.E. is just using us/you for amusement, and you're playing right into his hands. He knows he's just got rocks, so he posts them with some lame explanation and then sits back and watches us while good people comment in an effort to help. He doesn't want help, he just wants to pull peoples strings.

I said: "I'm done here", because I don't care to play his games. You go right ahead though if that's what ya wanna do.
I agree with your point.
My point is the amusement goes both ways as people willing amuses them self's and others with this type of post will not stop with this one as clay has pointed out.

Etiquette here calls for H.E. to show his values no matter how small by a simple few hour crush and pan out the dry solids / rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back