Gold in your backyard

High Etiquette 009

Nov 20, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter DISC 3300, Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy!

I've been working on a mining project since my discovery in summer of 2022. It was somewhat a matter of luck, and the fact that I live in a former gold producing district. As I was detecting in my backyard and found a target that was worth digging. I tried to dig with a shovel, then decided to get my pick' from my shed. As I broke into the ground in late August I ended up with a old beer can and around it a bunch of what looked like nuggets. Really tempting to just burry back in the ground.....

So from here on I've been on a mission to approach gold mining in a different fashion. I collected up all I could from this hole and placed them into Ball Jars. Eventually I moved onto a different patch in my backyard which by myself I managed to recover probably about 1 or 2 tons from. I have a lot less now due to space. This was summer of 2023, so the photos you seeing are what one-year of dry washing will do to "gold".

Hope you all found this interesting. Don't hesitate to ask if you need help with something or are curious about my techniques as there are more that go into the recovery it then just digging.

Happy Hunting & Stay Safe!

Attachments

• P_20240615_205031.jpg
    P_20240615_205031.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 144
  • P_20240615_205039.jpg
    P_20240615_205039.jpg
    903.5 KB · Views: 141
  • P_20240615_205046.jpg
    P_20240615_205046.jpg
    725.2 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 2
I recall a certain short time handle entertaining us all with a lengthy thread about starting up a mine..can’t recall much other than that but their story was very detailed and involved stories about the nearby town. Finally they slipped up and it came out they were simply messing with folks. Got banned. I’d love to go back and read that thread but I think it was deleted.

How ironic, I too was reminded me of that crazy post listed 4 years ago. It was nothing more than to just gain attention. For your amusement, I did save a piece of that absurdity.

IMG_0674.jpeg

There is an old saying on the internet - Don't feed the trolls!

Meaning don't encourage the fakes, trolls and bots by responding to them. That's why they are on the internet, to stir up folks and get attention. If they don't get a response they go away.

Of course none of that applies here. I've been informed there are no trolls, bots or fakes on Tnet. That's a good thing since Tnet posting policy would encourage this behavior if there were any trolls, bots or fakes here. :thumbsup:

How ironic, I too was reminded me of that crazy post listed 4 years ago. It was nothing more than to just gain attention. For your amusement, I did save a piece of that absurdity.

View attachment 2154996
Ahh yes Charlene and Brandy.
Now I remember. That was actually an entertaining thread. Almost like Dents Run (dare I mention that here?).

4) I appreciate all your replies and whatnot but I wish you could understand these are not really "rocks". A rock is something you find in a creek with no value imo. These are placer pit diggings that have been shaken in a classifier pan to form nuggets.
This one has to be the icing on the cake. Shaking them in the classifier makes them nuggets? ???
I was a doubter on calling this a bot or a troll, but I'm starting to believe you now Tesorodeoro.

Also noticing how many replies a thread like this gets, compared to more honest, realistic threads. I could see the incentive of the website to create some of these, Either way, it is still amusing. Got a lot of laughs out of this one

Couple things I'd like to mention here.

1) I appreciate all the responses and I am surely not an AI as people here know me.

2) Another fact that points me to the potential discovery of real gold is that when Au is dissolved in aqua regia it becomes a pale or cinnamon brown color much similar to the color of these when they come out of the ground/classifier (another positive indicator)

3) I've taken some close up photos of the nugget(s) near a Red Bull for size. Some on my scale & some on my desk to show a different view for you all still interested in this post. I study gold a good amount and can tell that most of these would need to double or triple in weight to become what you would expect for weight.

4) I appreciate all your replies and whatnot but I wish you could understand these are not really "rocks". A rock is something you find in a creek with no value imo. These are placer pit diggings that have been shaken in a classifier pan to form nuggets.
When I shake my gold in a classifier pan. The nuggets form a much richer buttery yellow color???? Maybe you should shake them again??? For a couple more minutes???

Attachments

• IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
This one has to be the icing on the cake. Shaking them in the classifier makes them nuggets? ???
I was a doubter on calling this a bot or a troll, but I'm starting to believe you now Tesorodeoro.

Also noticing how many replies a thread like this gets, compared to more honest, realistic threads. I could see the incentive of the website to create some of these, Either way, it is still amusing. Got a lot of laughs out of this one
Nothing bad about being amused along the way. Yep the number of people viewing this topic thread is now around 100 people.

Waiting for some answers to some or all of the questions could be interesting when it happens.

Nothing bad about being amused along the way. Yep the number of people viewing this topic thread is now around 100 people.

Waiting for some answers to some or all of the questions could be interesting when it happens.
I get the feeling any "answer" from OP will only lead to more questions

I get the feeling any "answer" from OP will only lead to more questions
Most likely this will be the case.
Still you and I will be there to listen. There could be something useful. I will not be holding my breath for all of the answers.
The cat and I may pop some popcorn along the way........:laughing7::icon_cat:

So in a effort to ensure I’m the best prospector I can be I’ve given in and just combed my backyard for the last 14 hours. It’s HOT but I pressed on. Am I ever glad I did!!! I found a pile of nuggets that I can’t believe I’d walked past without noticing the value before.

I’ve scooped them up and after I classify them I’ll toss them in my dry washer. I already have an appointment at the Bank to get my new Safety Deposit Box.

Attachments

• 5256A856-4675-40CC-83DD-5BE10A1EFBBB.jpeg
    5256A856-4675-40CC-83DD-5BE10A1EFBBB.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 12
So in a effort to ensure I’m the best prospector I can be I’ve given in and just combed my backyard for the last 14 hours. It’s HOT but I pressed on. Am I ever glad I did!!! I found a pile of nuggets that I can’t believe I’d walked past without noticing the value before.

I’ve scooped them up and after I classify them I’ll toss them in my dry washer. I already have an appointment at the Bank to get my new Safety Deposit Box.
It's all about location buddy, and I see your attachment there. Try drying that for a year and let me know how it works out.

Also I don't use a dry washer... It's a technique.

Also I don't use a dry washer... It's a technique.
Is it an abrasive process on the rocks or a different method then being discussed or covered on this forum in general?
Thanks.

Is it an abrasive process on the rocks or a different method then being discussed or covered on this forum in general?
Thanks.
No they are not "rocks" they are what I call gold from below the top soil layer. It is more of a matter of can they stand the test of time without being exposed to water. They are formed when clay layer is shaken in a classifier. You could also just dig on a really hot dry day and then pan them vigorously for a better shape and keep them dry.

Last edited:
No they are not "rocks" they are what I call gold from below the top soil layer.
Do you think nature used acid to form the solids below the top soil layer?
I have read that hydrothermal solutions can make for interesting deposits.

You are correct about location can make all the difference in nature / rock outcrops.

Here are some more photos detailing the shape, color & texture.

Attachments

• P_20240620_193138[1].jpg
    P_20240620_193138[1].jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P_20240620_193048[1].jpg
    P_20240620_193048[1].jpg
    486 KB · Views: 22
Do you think that there is some flour gold mineral in the solids you found?

Any update about the silver that you think is there?

This seems to be designed as a guessing game. I’ll make the first guess.

Are you making some clay product, such as Haydite? Calling it “gold nuggets” because you feel they are valuable?

Looks like a soil amendment used when growing dope.

You could obviously fully explain yourself (preferably in the first message) and are choosing to play games instead.

Last edited:
No they are not "rocks" they are what I call gold from below the top soil layer. It is more of a matter of can they stand the test of time without being exposed to water. They are formed when clay layer is shaken in a classifier. You could also just dig on a really hot dry day and then pan them vigorously for a better shape and keep them dry.
He calls them gold. (above) NONE of the above post makes any sense!! :BangHead: I do this to determine gold. The gold I find is gold in color, his "gold" looks like dirt clods or brown rocks! Great.... Now I have to totally change what I'm looking for on my gold claims?? :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back