Gold coin up today

Urien of Rheged

Mar 7, 2024
That's three gold coins in as many years for me.
It's a hot day today but with a nice breeze that makes it tolerable despitenthe temps and so I headed onto some pasture on a farm just outside an old village here in Lancashire England.
Was only swinging the coil for 10-15 minutes and right out of the blue this little blighter popped up. Could just see the rim sticking out the turf and knew instantly i'd struck gold.
The rest of the session was terrible but I really didnt care to be honest.
Came up a solid 18 on the Nox 800 at onky a few inches deep.
Happy hunting folks, keep swinging those coils as You have to be in it to win it.

Attachments

• IMG-20240801-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240801-WA0002.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG-20240801-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240801-WA0001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 54
I'm not even contemplating that someone got beat up in the middle of that field and lost a gold coin in the process either ๐Ÿ˜†
Ha ha ha, not really how I was envisioning it... More like... I lose the coin, and I blame YOU for stealing the coin, and my family believes me and comes and beats the sht out of you Or worse ... โ˜ ๏ธ ๐Ÿคฃ ha ha ha

We had a drought of Milled gold until Cru'dad got a Queen Anne last year.
For us, its easier to find a Celtic Gold than a Sovereign - BIG CONGRATS (Nice condition as well!)

That's three gold coins in as many years for me.
It's a hot day today but with a nice breeze that makes it tolerable despitenthe temps and so I headed onto some pasture on a farm just outside an old village here in Lancashire England.
Was only swinging the coil for 10-15 minutes and right out of the blue this little blighter popped up. Could just see the rim sticking out the turf and knew instantly i'd struck gold.
The rest of the session was terrible but I really didnt care to be honest.
Came up a solid 18 on the Nox 800 at onky a few inches deep.
Happy hunting folks, keep swinging those coils as You have to be in it to win it.
Outstanding!!! Congrats !!!!

ABSOLUTELY GREAT FIND :)
BANNER

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back