🥇 BANNER Gold coin up today

Urien of Rheged

Mar 7, 2024
🥇 Banner finds
That's three gold coins in as many years for me.
It's a hot day today but with a nice breeze that makes it tolerable despitenthe temps and so I headed onto some pasture on a farm just outside an old village here in Lancashire England.
Was only swinging the coil for 10-15 minutes and right out of the blue this little blighter popped up. Could just see the rim sticking out the turf and knew instantly i'd struck gold.
The rest of the session was terrible but I really didnt care to be honest.
Came up a solid 18 on the Nox 800 at onky a few inches deep.
Happy hunting folks, keep swinging those coils as You have to be in it to win it.

Attachments

• IMG-20240801-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20240801-WA0002.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 11,516
  • IMG-20240801-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240801-WA0001.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 65
I'm not even contemplating that someone got beat up in the middle of that field and lost a gold coin in the process either 😆
Ha ha ha, not really how I was envisioning it... More like... I lose the coin, and I blame YOU for stealing the coin, and my family believes me and comes and beats the sht out of you Or worse ... ☠️ 🤣 ha ha ha

We had a drought of Milled gold until Cru'dad got a Queen Anne last year.
For us, its easier to find a Celtic Gold than a Sovereign - BIG CONGRATS (Nice condition as well!)

It's a hot day today but with a nice breeze that makes it tolerable despitenthe temps and so I headed onto some pasture on a farm just outside an old village here in Lancashire England.
Was only swinging the coil for 10-15 minutes and right out of the blue this little blighter popped up. Could just see the rim sticking out the turf and knew instantly i'd struck gold.
Happy hunting folks, keep swinging those coils as You have to be in it to win it.
Outstanding!!! Congrats !!!!

ABSOLUTELY GREAT FIND :)
BANNER

what detector do you use

Nice one, young head of Vicky always puts it round the 1860s.

Shame the price of gold has gone so high you cannot expect anything over it.

I am in US and have a coin shop, took a set of Sovs to UK on last trip and the dealers did not want to know.
Had a nice vicky form Melbourne too.

Just sold them for 99% of spot as these Yankees dont care for them.

I made out like a bandit as the price of gold has gone up from $2,000-

Good hunting, Bob

Nice one, young head of Vicky always puts it round the 1860s.

Shame the price of gold has gone so high you cannot expect anything over it.

I am in US and have a coin shop, took a set of Sovs to UK on last trip and the dealers did not want to know.
Had a nice vicky form Melbourne too.

Just sold them for 99% of spot as these Yankees dont care for them.

I made out like a bandit as the price of gold has gone up from $2,000-

Good hunting, Bob
It actually got better.
This was found on the first day of August on a Thursday afternoon.
Thst Sunday evening I went to a different location some 12 miles from where I found this and up came another sovereign though even better this, an 1821 George IV.
And then the following Saturday I went to another location, a permission ive hunted for a couple of years and only went and found a Victoria half sovereign.
3 Gold coins in 3 weeks from 3 locations. An incredible months detecting August. Though it got even better for me in September.
Exactly a week ago today my best ever find came up in the form of a 3000 year old spearhead which I'm still buzzing over now as it is a real bucket lister for me. A bronze alloy that beats gold any day of the week
Thanks for the interest and happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG-20240820-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240820-WA0001.jpg
    298.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240820-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240820-WA0000.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20240919-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20240919-WA0005.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 6
It actually got better.
This was found on the first day of August on a Thursday afternoon.
Thst Sunday evening I went to a different location some 12 miles from where I found this and up came another sovereign though even better this, an 1821 George IV.
And then the following Saturday I went to another location, a permission ive hunted for a couple of years and only went and found a Victoria half sovereign.
3 Gold coins in 3 weeks from 3 locations. An incredible months detecting August. Though it got even better for me in September.
Exactly a week ago today my best ever find came up in the form of a 3000 year old spearhead which I'm still buzzing over now as it is a real bucket lister for me. A bronze alloy that beats gold any day of the week
Thanks for the interest and happy hunting.
hey what detector are you using ?

Outstanding Achievement..
Congratulations on your Banner…

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back