Gifs, Pics, and More

EdSVrW5XsAAtKfJ.jpg :headbang:

Some pics from this weekend:

Saturday's sunrise
Sunrise 1.JPG

Sunrise 2.JPG

Sunrise 3.JPG That is the Perry Nuclear Power Plant on the right. DeepseekerADS once told me this was the last nuke plant he worked at.

Fairport Lighthouse 1.JPG The Fairport Harbor lighthouse was completed in 1925 and was a combination lighthouse and foghorn station. It is built on the west breakwater and has been completely automated since 1948.

Fairport Lighthouse 2.JPG

Fairport Channel 1.JPG Apparently this was the place to jump in the water.

Fairport Harbor, Ohio was originally Grandon:

On May 16, 1812, the town of Grandon was laid out by Captain Abraham Skinner, Samuel Huntington, and a few others, on land deeded to Samuel Fowler in 1798 by the Connecticut Land Co. The location at the mouth of the Grand River helped to create a thriving port and village. In 1836 the town of Grandon was incorporated and the name was changed to Fairport. The word “Harbor” was added in 1823. The first lighthouse and keeper’s dwelling were built in 1825 by the famous architect Jonathan Goldsmith.

Grandon Lighthouse 1.JPG

Located at the mouth of the Grand River, the Fairport Harbor Marine Museum is the first Great Lakes Lighthouse Marine Museum in Ohio and in the United States.
fresnellense.jpg

A spiral staircase leads to the top of the 60-foot sandstone lighthouse, built in 1871.
The adjacent museum features lighthouse lenses, relics from Native American settlements along the Grand River, and artifacts pertaining to life on the Great Lakes.

Now, I want to go back to tour the museum, especially because the dates on their site don't match up. (1825 vs. 1871) So I gots ta know! :tongue3:
Grandon Lighthouse 2.JPG

And these next pics are especially for you rook. :thumbsup:
There was a boat parade for the upcoming election.

Trump Parade 1.JPG

Trump Parade 2.JPG

Trump Parade 3.JPG

Trump Parade 4.JPG

Trump Parade 5.JPG

Sunday Sunrise 1.JPG Sunday's sunrise

Then, on the way home, we came across something I thought you all would like.

Mater.JPG

Thanks for looking!

~Sis

burglar-hello-911-press-1-for-psychologist-2-for-social-worker.jpg 7fc97558e0929c0a05ae206ff14f75d8.jpg Maybe this will help.:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back