?? Found a solid gold plate worth a fortune, then the state took it. Florida Hurricane treasure?

I have only been detecting Fl beaches for 18 years including the Treasure Coast beaches.

The law is still the law. I posted the link to the Florida law on the subject, did you bother to follow link I posted and read the law? Note the date at the top, it is Florida statues 2024.

The 1988 date was the date the law was first passed, it has been amended and updated multiple times. Link I posted shows law and statutes and they are still active.

"Are you participating in good faith? I think not." Is an attack on me, do not attack me again, or question why as an admin I am posting on a thread.

Here is the link AGAIN to the current law and note, it is 2024 Florida statutes.

AND the find was in 1977....... Law did not exist. Lease did not exist. All cleared up now.

I have only been detecting Fl beaches for 18 years including the Treasure Coast beaches.

The law is still the law. I posted the link to the Florida law on the subject, did you bother to follow link I posted and read the law? Note the date at the top, it is Florida statues 2024.

The 1988 date was the date the law was first passed, it has been amended and updated multiple times. Link I posted shows law and statutes and they are still active.

"Are you participating in good faith? I think not." Is an attack on me, do not attack me again, or question why as an admin I am posting on a thread.

Here is the link AGAIN to the current law and note, it is 2024 Florida statutes.

You seem to be ignoring key information here he has been telling you. 1977 is before 1988. There was no law at the time of the find in question. It was mentioned several times here. It appears from my point of view reading this thread you are arguing just to argue at this point.

AND the find was in 1977....... Law did not exist. Lease did not exist. All cleared up now.

Didnt know where you were getting 1977, video is dated 2020, Terry gives no other dates on the full video, video was posted in 2020 and 15 years prior would have made it 2005
You seem to be ignoring key information here he has been telling you. 1977 is before 1988. There was no law at the time of the find in question. It was mentioned several times here. It appears from my point of view reading this thread you are arguing just to argue at this point.

Florida has passed numerous laws on treasure recovery. The 1977 find would have fallen under Florida's treasure law passed in 1969.

No where in the long or short video posted does it give date of 1977, video was dated 2020, but after a lot of searching today, I found picture of tray with the finder.

Due to being in middle of hurricane last night (I'm in Orlando) internet was horrible, constantly timing out which made research very difficult at the time, plus having to constantly sweep water off back porch from the 9.6" of rain, and checking the windows every 30 mins to be sure there was no water entry didnt help.

Here is picture I found, dated June 1977.

1000009581.jpg

Last edited:
"The state realized that unsupervised recovery of publicly owned artifacts and treasure from submerged sites by commercial salvagers was resulting in the destruction of the sites, and in many cases the loss of irreplaceable, scientific and historical information," according to the "Salvage Handbook."

So was this Alex Kuze a member of commercial salvagers team or just a private citizen who happened upon it? So if he's just a diver who happens upon it and not part of a commercial enterprise why would the state take it?

So if this Alex Kuze had found this gold plate in a publicly owned park, unsupervised would the state care...?

So if this Alex Kuze was part of a commercial underwater salvage team I guess I missed that part. Or is the point even if he isn't part of a commercial underwater salvage team we'll still take your find if it's worth a lot and you show and tell the world?

I still truly envy that guy in Kentucky....!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back