First wheat penny!

mypanicfall

Dec 10, 2012
las cruces NM
Detector(s) used
garret ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I found my first wheat penny and its also the oldest coin I've found to date. I found it across the street from an old park in a strip of land right next to the side walk. The penny is a 1919 plain in very good condition. I also found 31 cents in clad and a token that i can't read. IMG_1689.JPGIMG_1690.JPGIMG_1691.JPGIMG_1692.JPGIMG_1693.JPGIMG_1694.JPGIMG_1695.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1698.JPG

Upvote 21
congrats, hopefully the token will clean up

Nice finds, a little zap with electrolysis and a baking soda paste rub might clean up your token enough to read it?

Congrats. That's a nice 1919. I found one also, but the date is much harder to see. I think the token is from DISCOVERY ZONE.

Last edited:
Nice find. Congrats!!

Congrats on the wheatie! I hope that there are many more to come. GL&HH.

Nice old wheat! Congrats nice finds!

Ya token looks like it says Discovery Zone, cool!

Congrats on your first and your oldest!! Now you've set the bar, go out and find your next "oldest" coin! Good luck.

Congrats on your awesome wheat penny.

One of your best places to hunt is the strip between sidewalk and road. If the asphalt is at the top of the curb and the tree roots are breaking up the walk, Start Hunting!!!!

Where there's wheats there's silvers. Keep hitting it and you'll find more.

Nice find

Question i cannot figure out how to post something on here for sale can someone help me out?

Congratulations of the Wheat cent!

Love the wheatie and yes, thats a discovery zone token.Capture.PNG

Nice old wheat cent, congratulations! HH!

Question i cannot figure out how to post something on here for sale can someone help me out?

You for one thing don't post on someone else's post for one thing. Start a new topic and ask. You do have to be a Charter Member to sell on here. If you know how to post then starting a new topic shouldn't be that hard.

Your first wheat was a 1919... thats awesome, i was stuck in the years 1956-1958 when I started out. I thought there was nothing else to look forward to, for that is all the dates I would find:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back