First Detector Suggestions??

Bigfish105

Dec 5, 2013
Marathon, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks! I'm about to purchase my first detector and haven't decided yet. I bought a 42' trawler that I'm living on currently in Marathon, Florida. Plan on exploring the Bahamas and the keys for a while and I'd love to hear your suggestions about where I might start. Underwater? Beaches? Marinas? I'm 63 now but in 1975 I answered an ad for divers placed by Mel Fisher. Talked to him personally on the phone. I'd just completed a 340 hour Commercial Diving course and I wanted to go but he wouldn't take my new wife so I passed. Shoulda passed on the new wife!

Fish, welcome to the BEST treasure forum on the net! May I ask..... are you still with that same "new wife"? If yes, I would say that you are already a "treasure finder"! Check with our Tnet venders. Buy LOCAL. As members of this great group, they have a vested interest in getting you exactly what you will need. TTC

Hi Terry,

No I'm not with that first wife. After 8 years of marriage she left me and married a friend of ours that proposed to her before I did! She left him years later too... Thanks for the welcome and I'll shop "local," here if that's what you meant. I've been looking at Kellyco........??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back