First Big Silver

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Yeah Baby!!!? What a rush this was.? I got a solid dollar signal VDI-93 and low and behold it was a dollar.? A 1923 S. In the past this signal has either been a really big washer or an aluminum can at 10" plus.? My first big silver...Not in great shape, but I'll keep it.? Not a big story....worked out of town yesterday and today and on my way home, I stopped by one of my other accounts (150 unit apartment complex) and decided to get out the MD since I hadn't fired it up since last weekend.? Two steps from the truck my first signal was the dollar.? It was only at 2"!? I walked around MD'ing for about 5 minutes after digging it but my mind wasn't really in it.? I walked by dozens of penny and dime signals but will definitely go back and hunt it slow next week.? I'm thinking there is probably alot of silver in the area but after getting the dollar, I was just looking for another dollar signal.? I could get used to that!? ;D? HH everyone~CO2

Attachments

• Freedom.jpg
    Freedom.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0
WTG CO2! Can see why penny and dime signals become annoying after a cartwheel, congrats and HH. Good luck and keep smilin' Jeff

Awesome!!!!!!!! What the heck, you didn't keep your head down? Always check that hole again. Way to go!! Of course we want details. Do you think it was a more recent drop or one that had been there "since it was lost?"

Excellent find! I'd trade the wife, well no, the mother-in-law, to find one of those, lol! That is one gorgeous coin!

Thanks for the looks and comments guys. Carl, I didn't hang around long after I found it for two reasons...First it was getting dark, and second, I was dying to tell somebody. ;D I don't have a clue to how long it layed there. It was just under the grass roots in hard ground. The apartments were built in the late 60's early 70's and it's all college students. There's a stream running through the property and was probably inhabited since the 1840's. Need to talk to the owner about history and also to confirm permission. We talked about my MD over lunch last week but I didn't actually ask to MD the property. I'm sure it won't be a problem. I'll keep you posted. Stoney, is a cartwheel a nickname for a dollar coin or did you see me do one when I realized I found one? ;D HH~CO2

CO2, a cartwheel is a nickname because of the size and for your info I didn't see you doing the cartwheel but I heard you clear down here-1st thought was jet going over ;D HH and keep us posted. Already know you're smilin' Congrats again. Jeff

Sweet find CO2!! I bet you will find more silver there, keep us posted. Here in PA we can only dream of such finds until the snow melts. HH

Congrats to you Co2! You are the BIG DOG today! Wow! Now I'm gonna have to borrow some makeup from momma to cover up my totally green complexion. Spots

I'm feeling proud of your find for you. Nice pix.

Nice Dig CO2, I bet your heart skipped a beat when you saw that thing. Congrats, can't wait to see what else you pull out of there. Happy Hunting. Joe

Yeah, you'r drool is seeping onto mine too...or is that from me? lol.

Congrats! Awesome find! I'll bet you looked at it 100 times already, and peeked at it just before you laid down for bed. I would have.

Great find!!! ;D
I haven't found anything bigger then a quarter, yet. Can't wait to see one of those bad boys pop up out of the dirt...
I know it had to be a thrill,,, Congrats...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back