First Big 2008 Fall Post. 15 Pics To Looks At.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

It's a rarity I'm posting on a weekend. I've been sick with a bad cold and didn't go out today. Did go out yesterday though. Yes, I am crazy. Thought I could give it a go. As soon as I got out of the car the detector felt like it weighed 25 lbs the whole hunt.

Energy level is down a ton. But I hung in there for about 2 hrs not even that long. Found a few neat items and it was nice to actually dig in some soil that wasn't like powder. About 15 minutes into the hunt I found this really great cameo made in west germany on the surface. Started to feal a little better at that point.

Most of the stuff has been found over the past few weekends at a nice old park. However though I met up with my brother out his way out of the city where there are more farm fields and older dwellings. We had permission to hunt some nice old early 1800's sites.

But we soon realized they had already been hunted really hard. We still pulled a few tids and bits though. My 2 younge boys scored a neat old good for 25 cents in merchandise token. My brother pulled a nice barber dime and I got a nice old pewter crotal bell and a cool pewter item with a flag and a heart cut of the center of it. Could it be a civil war era piece.

I'm still waiting for things to die out a little more here. Give it a few more weeks here in P.a and some nice sites should open up for some finds. Can't wait to be well again and get back out there next weekend.

Thanks for looking,

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 08 001.jpg
    fall 08 001.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,385
  • fall 08 002.jpg
    fall 08 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,385
  • fall 08 003.jpg
    fall 08 003.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,377