First Big 2008 Fall Post. 15 Pics To Looks At.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

It's a rarity I'm posting on a weekend. I've been sick with a bad cold and didn't go out today. Did go out yesterday though. Yes, I am crazy. Thought I could give it a go. As soon as I got out of the car the detector felt like it weighed 25 lbs the whole hunt.

Energy level is down a ton. But I hung in there for about 2 hrs not even that long. Found a few neat items and it was nice to actually dig in some soil that wasn't like powder. About 15 minutes into the hunt I found this really great cameo made in west germany on the surface. Started to feal a little better at that point.

Most of the stuff has been found over the past few weekends at a nice old park. However though I met up with my brother out his way out of the city where there are more farm fields and older dwellings. We had permission to hunt some nice old early 1800's sites.

But we soon realized they had already been hunted really hard. We still pulled a few tids and bits though. My 2 younge boys scored a neat old good for 25 cents in merchandise token. My brother pulled a nice barber dime and I got a nice old pewter crotal bell and a cool pewter item with a flag and a heart cut of the center of it. Could it be a civil war era piece.

I'm still waiting for things to die out a little more here. Give it a few more weeks here in P.a and some nice sites should open up for some finds. Can't wait to be well again and get back out there next weekend.

Thanks for looking,

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 08 001.jpg
    fall 08 001.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,385
  • fall 08 006.jpg
    fall 08 006.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,383
  • fall 08 003.jpg
    fall 08 003.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • fall 08 002.jpg
    fall 08 002.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,385
Upvote 0
Here are the rest

HH Jer

Attachments

• fall 08 015.jpg
    fall 08 015.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,306
  • fall 08 014.jpg
    fall 08 014.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • fall 08 013.jpg
    fall 08 013.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,313
  • fall 08 012.jpg
    fall 08 012.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,319
  • fall 08 011.jpg
    fall 08 011.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,335
  • fall 08 010.jpg
    fall 08 010.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,350
  • fall 08 009.jpg
    fall 08 009.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,358
  • fall 08 008.jpg
    fall 08 008.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,359
  • fall 08 007.jpg
    fall 08 007.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 1,364
  • fall 08 005.jpg
    fall 08 005.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,377
  • fall 08 004.jpg
    fall 08 004.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,382
Jer, I know what you mean, we don't have a lot of time left to swing our thing. Hope you get to feel better soon. Thanks for the pics, lots of nice stuff.

Nice hunt and finds Jer! Hope you get over the crud soon. HH, Mike

VERY interesting group of digs, Jer!

Is that a treasure map inscribed upon that jigsaw puzzle-cut piece? ;D

What is up with that?

Hope you get to feeling better.
rmptr

rmptr said:
VERY interesting group of digs, Jer!

Is that a treasure map inscribed upon that jigsaw puzzle-cut piece? ;D

What is up with that?

Hope you get to feeling better.
rmptr

Come on ??? what is that thing with the A stamped on it.
Cool digs

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Fantastic finds Jer. :thumbsup:
I'm drooling over that 1910 Barber. What a beautiful coin. :o
Congrats,
MM

Great finds Jer! That Barber Dime looks like new.

The flag thingy with the heart shape broken out of it, is the top part of either a bicycle bell or a hotel desk bell....... Nice array of finds........NGE

Nice finds, Jer. You're right: before too long, the cold will kill off most of the vegetation and bring some areas back to detecting. Get well!

Hey Thanks alot guys.

Rmptr,

I have no idea. It has crazy markings all over it. I got a pic of the other side. It too has like a bird carved into it with a indian type arrow. I have know idea what this was cut out of or from. I know it's old. The park I found it in is almost 120 yrs old. Lots of turn of the century items.

Not gettin,

Thanks for the Id. It is a nice well perserved piece. I love to find relics like these. I do find some nice coins out there but I have a unreal relic collection.

I'll be better here by next weekend. Don't have alot of weeks left to hunt. Maybe 10 weeks and the season is over for me to. Unless the temps don't go lower than 32 and the ground doesn't freeze up.

The barber dime was a really nice one to have. I got a merc and a war nickle in the same hole. 10 ft away from this hole I get the barber dime and 1903 v-nickle. Nice little pocket spill to start the day.

Thanks again guys,

HH Jer

Supper finds. Hope you have a quick recovery and start to feel your like your old self again... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 957
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 956
Thanks guys,

I'll be better here soon. Getting ready to take a first trip to the west coast next month. Would rather get my sickness over with now then while on vacation. Maybe I'll get to do a little detecting out there in CA. Any one live near a area called walnut creek. Not far from San Fran.

Maybe we could hunt a old park or two.

Thanks again guys

HH Jer

That is one sweet Barber Dime, almost looks like it was just dropped the day they got it.
Nice finds! Nice finds!
Rob ~ Out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back