Finally dug my 1,000th Silver coin , today....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a bass fisherman for about 40 years... That's why, I'm basssmann...

29 years ago, a friend started taking me detecting. I still did more fishing, than detecting, but, found some silver every year.

I started this week, needing 4 more Silver's to hit 1,000 , lifetime..

It was slow going, only digging 1 silver a day

# 997 was a 1928 Merc. Dime

# 998 was a 1909 Barber Dime

# 999 was a 1916 Merc. Dime ( no D )

Today, I needed 1 more for 1,000 and I didn't want it to be a Rosie (but, I would take it.. lol )

So, I went back to an old spot, where I hoped to find a Merc or Barber Dime.

First, I found 2 Indianheads stuck together, 1889 and ? .. the next target , I though was a silver dime, and out pop's a Barber quarter

# 1,000 a 1904 Barber Quarter in great condition except for stains on the face.

Just so you know, I never found more that 8 silver's in a day.. A few here and there, all add up.. ( And I still have all 1,000 silver's)

10-5.png

10-2.png

10-11.png

10-4.png

10-3.png

10-14.png

To dig 1,000 silvers, you have to dig dozen's of buckets of scrap like this one !!!

10-8.png

Upvote 63
Congrats on number 1000!!! Amazing milestone and that’s a heckuva coin to dig to cap off the first 1000. I save mine too... I figure if SHTF it’ll be good to have to trade for beans and booze. Here’s to the next 1000! ��

Congratulations on 1,000 silver coins!!!!

After digging 1,000 silver coins which is your favorite? Show us a picture!

Great story and a big congratulations!!!! :occasion14: Fitting you were looking for a dime and score a beautiful quarter!!!! :icon_thumleft:

Wow a thousand silver coins is a serious pile of treasure! Congrats on the milestone, I bet it felt great to make it with a Barber quarter.

I started in 2010, and I think I'm somewhere around 350 silver coins...I have a ways to go!

Congratulations!!!! What an awesome achievement!

Congrats "Bassmann" ! What a great looking Barber Q for your 1,000th. Memorable !!!!!!!

Bass, what an accomplishment. That's a huge testament to your longevity in the hobby. Well done my friend.

Not sure where I'm at lifetime, maybe around 120. Hopefully I can check 1000 off my list one day!

Well done buddy! That’s quite the accomplishment. I find between 2-8 silvers in a year. So I’m thinking if I live to be 400 years old I may have a shot lol. That’s an impressive number of Barbers. As Steve said prior. Unless I find a giant cache I’ll never get close. Hopefully it’s a cache of tree coins. It wouldn’t be the first found in Maine. If you get bored look up the Castine hoard. Knowing the guy that most likely put it there....very likely that there’s more buried somewhere

Congrats on number 1000!!! Amazing milestone and that’s a heckuva coin to dig to cap off the first 1000. I save mine too... I figure if SHTF it’ll be good to have to trade for beans and booze. Here’s to the next 1000!

Who needs beans....when you can get bourbon? Lol

I'd have to pull all mine out and count, congrats on your 1000 mark. I'm glad it was a Barber and a quarter at that, seems like a fitting find for number 1000 (nice shape too)

Congratulations! I guess you never get tired of digging silver.

Wow. I am a silver coin guy, so this really impresses me. I've gotten over 300, but it took almost 5 years to do so.

Well played sir!

Congrats on that milestone Basssman. Thats a lot of silver coins.

Fantastic milestone Basssmann! Of the detectors you’ve used in the last 10 years...which has been the most successful in finding silver coins,and why? Do you still use many machines or have you settled on a couple,or one? This is a halfway loaded question but just was curious as to YOUR opinion.
That’s a lot of holes and time hunting,but you’ve done something that I don’t imagine many guys will do. Even though you started “way back when”,it’s still a hell of an accomplishment!

Congratulations on number 1000 Ray! That is a very nice barber to hit that milestone with. Wish I could have been there when you found it! Can't wait to get some time and get out with you again. We gotta get started on 2000....Unless you are retiring from metal detecting now as well. If that's the case I'm gonna need a comprehensive list of your spots. :laughing7:.

I have been a bass fisherman for about 40 years... That's why, I'm basssmann...

29 years ago, a friend started taking me detecting. I still did more fishing, than detecting, but, found some silver every year.

I started this week, needing 4 more Silver's to hit 1,000 , lifetime..

It was slow going, only digging 1 silver a day

# 997 was a 1928 Merc. Dime

# 998 was a 1909 Barber Dime

# 999 was a 1916 Merc. Dime ( no D )

Today, I needed 1 more for 1,000 and I didn't want it to be a Rosie (but, I would take it.. lol )

So, I went back to an old spot, where I hoped to find a Merc or Barber Dime.

First, I found 2 Indianheads stuck together, 1889 and ? .. the next target , I though was a silver dime, and out pop's a Barber quarter

# 1,000 a 1904 Barber Quarter in great condition except for stains on the face.

Just so you know, I never found more that 8 silver's in a day.. A few here and there, all add up.. ( And I still have all 1,000 silver's)

View attachment 1638548

View attachment 1638551

View attachment 1638552

View attachment 1638553

View attachment 1638554

View attachment 1638557

To dig 1,000 silvers, you have to dig dozen's of buckets of scrap like this one !!!

View attachment 1638559

Nice coin to hit the milestone with! I've found 28 silvers in 3 years... at that rate I'll need about 111 years to get to 1,000. Problem is I'm 40. Haha!

Nice coin! Welcome to the +1000 club! :icon_thumright:

Steve in PA, now that I have 1,ooo, I want to go after more of the stuff "Your finding" !! 60 plus Spanish silver !!! WOW I have none and Draped and Capped bust dimes, are still on my bucketlist to find... My area is great for Barber's with over 15 % of my silver Barbers.
Bassmann, If I can find the old stuff in SW PA you can find it in New York. You just have to shift your focus a 100 years earlier.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back