I still hunt my Tesoro

mike44

Greenie
Jun 15, 2024
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Current Stable includes: Compadre, Golden Sabre II, Cortes, Impact, Gold Kruzer, Eurotek Pro, Omega 8500, F75LTD, V3, Xterra 705 and an Etrac.
I still hunt my Tesoro units.....a Compadre and a couple of Golden Sabre II and a Cortes.

I normally run the Cleansweep coil on the Compadre (I put a plug on it so I could change out coils).

The GSII runs best with the stock 8" concentric and that's all I run on it. You lose the analog audio benefits if you try running DD coils on it.

Got a VDI display to attach to GSII but been hunting a housing for it before tying into the board.

Cortes is pretty good if you have the patience to check every signal. This is my 6th one and the target id is a bit off. Hopefully now that I'm retired I can crack it open and see what the problem is. Its still huntable but the Nickle id is too low.

Anyway....I like visiting about Tesoro detectors.

HH
Mike

I still hunt my Tesoro units.....a Compadre and a couple of Golden Sabre II and a Cortes.

I normally run the Cleansweep coil on the Compadre (I put a plug on it so I could change out coils).

The GSII runs best with the stock 8" concentric and that's all I run on it. You lose the analog audio benefits if you try running DD coils on it.

Got a VDI display to attach to GSII but been hunting a housing for it before tying into the board.

Cortes is pretty good if you have the patience to check every signal. This is my 6th one and the target id is a bit off. Hopefully now that I'm retired I can crack it open and see what the problem is. Its still huntable but the Nickle id is too low.

Anyway....I like visiting about Tesoro detectors.

HH
Mike
Me to

I noticed the same with my Cortes was the same on nickels. So I sent it to East Texas to get it checked. It came back they said that is the way it is. Nothing wrong with it. I don't use it much. I like the deep and dig better.

Me too !!!
I own the silver uMax that machine is the one that have find the more valuable things of my entire career o metal detector enthusiast.
And the Outlaw.
Allways wanted to buy the Cortez, it is worth to be used in trashy areas ?

I have gone away from using higher tech detectors like the Legend, Nox 800 and a few others that I own started picking up a few beep and digs to use and boy am I happy I did picked up a Tesoro Vaquero, and a Troy Shadow X5, Vista X and a Golden Mask 4WD plus a few other Beep and Digs for me personally they have actually made detecting fun for me again, the higher tech detectors were becoming frustrating for me not never knowing whether I had them set up for peak performance on the ground I detect was just not fun and that is what metal detecting is supposed to be about (FUN) not frustrating

Also have a Tesoro Tejon, Xp Gold Maxx Power and a Golden Mask 5 coming that I picked up for good prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back