Finally dug my 1,000th Silver coin , today....

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a bass fisherman for about 40 years... That's why, I'm basssmann...

29 years ago, a friend started taking me detecting. I still did more fishing, than detecting, but, found some silver every year.

I started this week, needing 4 more Silver's to hit 1,000 , lifetime..

It was slow going, only digging 1 silver a day

# 997 was a 1928 Merc. Dime

# 998 was a 1909 Barber Dime

# 999 was a 1916 Merc. Dime ( no D )

Today, I needed 1 more for 1,000 and I didn't want it to be a Rosie (but, I would take it.. lol )

So, I went back to an old spot, where I hoped to find a Merc or Barber Dime.

First, I found 2 Indianheads stuck together, 1889 and ? .. the next target , I though was a silver dime, and out pop's a Barber quarter

# 1,000 a 1904 Barber Quarter in great condition except for stains on the face.

Just so you know, I never found more that 8 silver's in a day.. A few here and there, all add up.. ( And I still have all 1,000 silver's)

10-5.png

10-2.png

10-11.png

10-4.png

10-3.png

10-14.png

To dig 1,000 silvers, you have to dig dozen's of buckets of scrap like this one !!!

10-8.png

Upvote 63
Steve in PA, yeah, I just bought an 1854 map of my county with home sites.. looking for groves, picnic sites, I hate farm fields, but, it's time to change.. happy Hunting

Wow! Huge congrats. Amazing milestone and a great silver to mark the occasion. Congrats!!

Finding a Barber quarter to hit 1,000 is awesome! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Congratulations! :notworthy:

Congrats... I lost count after my 5th silver i think, not that i find a bunch each year.

in my 50 or so years of detecting, I don't think I've gone much over 500.

I've had a Few years Teetering over 100
But most were probably 20 Or less
I Stopped counting about 15 Years ago
But as I Said, I Don't have much Confidence I'm anywhere near 1000 Silvers.

I Do wish I had it all Yet.
Or at least Most when Silver hit it's all time High.

I Never Kept it Long, Always Felt there was More Out there to Find

Last edited:
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

That's Amazing Basssman! Congratulations!

Kace

After almost four months now, I`m up to six silvers! Looks like its gonna take awhile to catch up to you!:eek:

Congratulations-that is quite an accomplishment. And #1,000 was a Barber quarter in great shape-what a way to go over the top!

Congrats on the milestone.....
Makes me wonder where I’m at on wheats.....

IDXMonster, I have used White's, Garrrett, Fisher and Minelab.... I retired 2 years ago, so I hunted a lot with a Fisher F75, very light and good machine and I found
a record 177 silver's with it last year... In Dec. of last year, I had chance to buy a Minelab CTX 3030 for 1/2 price off another detecting site. $2,500 machine, like new for $1,290 including shipping. I use the CTX all this year, and I'm at 135 silvers for the year, so far... It's a heavier machine for sure with bells and whistles I don't use including gps and mapping everywhere I went for the day... It's a well balanced machine and there is a much longer learning process with the ID number's being like a 12-46 for a silver quarter.

So, even though I started way back, most of my years were less than 50 silvers for the year.. In the last 2 years, I have found over 310 silvers.... they are still there... location and time will find coins with any decent machine over $500 new.... experience, will bring you more, each year.. good luck and be safe... Ray (basssmann)

PS, I'm in central NY, about 100 miles from NYC and only 20 miles from PA (but, I never detected Pa) and because of snow, I only detect about 9 months max.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back