Final visit to Burger King

I might be showing my age, but i remember the first time i ate at Mcdonalds, i was about 10, afraid i didn't have enough money.
I had $1.35, got a Big Mac, Fries and a drink, with 7 or 8 cents to spare.
Yeah.... a KID! 🤣
Anybody else here remember these guys (before BK bought them out)?
1729166306431.jpeg

1729166807708.png

Other Items are hard to read:
Cheeseburgers...... $.19
Triple Thick Shakes $.25
Fries.............. $.12
Drinks...... $.10 & $.15
Coffee............. $.10
Milk............... $.12

Only oil we use in cooking and eating is extra virgin olive oil.

I have been consuming olive oil since marrying my Asian wife, 27 years on Asian diet now. I even drink tablespoon of olive oil every day not counting what I eat.

Love avocados, I cut in half, fill the center where seed was with olive oil, little lemon juice and then sprinkle with salt and coarse black pepper. Gooood!

View attachment 2174255

NO ! I DID NOT USE THE SURVEY CODE
View attachment 2174250
was starving before I Got to the Butcher shop & Had to Eat first.

the former 99 Cent Burger is over $2.00
& the original burger is gone.

a pressed flat piece of meat on a very chewy bun replaced it :(
I had to spit the bun Out, and just Eat the tiny piece of Meat.
I must Admit under the circumstances it Did it'd Duty.

The soda, Small Cup, but it's obvious most refill their cups for free.
I on the other hand don't fill my Cup & Only drink enough to wet My my mouth
& Wash down the Crumbs

I was Shocked when she said $4.75 :o

Next time I'll Stop at The Coney Island
View attachment 2174253
Only issue there is their Burgers are Cooked/Fried in Onion Juice .
Onions do Havoc to my indigestion by causing heartburn.
but I'll at least get a Real burger not Kangaroo :tongue3: :coffee2:
The food allowed to be consumed in this country is having obvious effects....

It's just not the HFCS.
It's the seed oils that are the problem in society.

This is what the problem is.

View attachment 2174478
Dude... you can reduce the font size to something readable. 👀

Seed oils? I thought you guys took care of that with Canola...

1729167800472.gif

Society? We can find problems with just about everything we ingest. In most cases, it really is about common sense moderation. We've spawned a society of--not consumption, but conspicuous consumption (e.g. bigger/more is better.) It's a mindset created by Madison Ave. to sell more product, and it's insidious.

They don't teach Nutrition in schools anymore. It went away with Civics, Economics/Personal Finance, and other subjects that were actually useful later in life.

I didn't lose 100+ lbs by cutting out seed oils; I lost it (and am keeping it off) by cutting out HFCS and other bad carbs. But again, that's me. Everyone--and everyone's metabolism--is different.

Dude... you can reduce the font size to something readable. 👀

Seed oils? I thought you guys took care of that with Canola...

Society? We can find problems with just about everything we ingest. In most cases, it really is about common sense moderation. We've spawned a society of--not consumption, but conspicuous consumption (e.g. bigger/more is better.) It's a mindset created by Madison Ave. to sell more product, and it's insidious.

They don't teach Nutrition in schools anymore. It went away with Civics, Economics/Personal Finance, and other subjects that were actually useful later in life.

I didn't lose 100+ lbs by cutting out seed oils; I lost it (and am keeping it off) by cutting out HFCS and other bad carbs. But again, that's me. Everyone--and everyone's metabolism--is different.
You have accused me of yelling at you.
Now it's the font size of the post.

Maybe have a look at how your looking at the site.

Maybe it's not me at all-just saying.

Here is the best solution "Hit the ignore button" on my ass-problem solved.

You have accused me of yelling at you.
You posted a link to explain something which, by your own admission, you don't understand that well.
For explaining the effects on the detector it's kind of hard when I myself isn't all that adversed in the radio freq. lingo.

I didn't understand that linked explanation, largely because I have NO understanding of this stuff, and I said so. You came back with a "screen grab" of part of the link you already posted.

If I didn't understand it by reading it myself, how is a screen shot of the same going to make things any clearer? 🤪

Now it's the font size of the post.
Yeah. Your screen shots may look like 15/18 points from your POV. This forum software resizes some images to better fill the space. By the time I (and anybody reading this on a monitor) see it, the font looks more like... this forum can only enlarge to 26 points, and the fonts on the screen shots appear larger than that.
Maybe have a look at how your looking at the site.
Just did.

Yes, you've got a million years more experience metal detecting.

I've been on online forums since the late '70s. On every forum I've ever been on, using ALL CAPS or extremely large fonts--when not employing emphasis--is usually considered yelling--if not rude.

I apologize; I thought you knew that. When I commented on font size, my tongue was firmly implanted in cheek, but I obviously messed up on conveying that.

Last edited:
T-H, what I'm suggesting is that the current price of employee help will drive BG (in that location) out of business unless they increase their prices.
Don in SoCal
I know sir, I was just joking if Jeff stops they will go bankrupt...

A few years ago I did a diet that greatly reduced foods that contribute to inflammation. I got to feeling fantastic after a few weeks of strict adherence. My flexibility was much better. I quit after my urine turned very dark orange. My kidneys were shutting down: too much protein.
Scary event. It took 3 days and gallons of water to get to the dark yellow urine stage again.
I really miss the improvement part of that program.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back