Few pics from a few adventures out on my favourite little tranquille river in BC.

FinderTravis

Nov 4, 2022
British Columbia.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max international
Garrett AT Gold
Radio Shack MICRONTA 3001
AT propointer
34'' Bushpro stainless steel tree planters shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_9966.JPG
IMG_9838.JPG
IMG_9990.JPG
IMG_9922.JPG
IMG_9949.JPG
IMG_9824.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 20
See you getting some of those pretty gold ones.
Congratulations
Pretty good size on the rattler.
Thank You! Haha Yea, little guy was just bigger than my pinky finger round and was about 30cm long. Was lucky he noticed i was coming his way and moved just before i would have stepped on him!
Was late to hike out that evening and was dog tired from digging so was not as careful as I knew to be.. Cheers!:occasion14:

Thank You! Haha Yea, little guy was just bigger than my pinky finger round and was about 30cm long. Was lucky he noticed i was coming his way and moved just before i would have stepped on him!
Was late to hike out that evening and was dog tired from digging so was not as careful as I knew to be.. Cheers!:occasion14:

Incredible gold @FinderTravis. You ever panned up Jamieson Creek at all? How about any tributaries of Tranquille e.g. Watching Creek? I'm in Vernon and haven't tried at Tranquille yet, surprisingly.

Incredible gold @FinderTravis. You ever panned up Jamieson Creek at all? How about any tributaries of Tranquille e.g. Watching Creek? I'm in Vernon and haven't tried at Tranquille yet, surprisingly.
Yea have panned all around the central interior region! Many rivers and creeks are now claimed. Be sure to check MTO before heading out to explore/pan a new river/creek. Best of luck be with you! :occasion14:

Yea have panned all around the central interior region! Many rivers and creeks are now claimed. Be sure to check MTO before heading out to explore/pan a new river/creek. Best of luck be with you! :occasion14:

@FinderTravis - I'm an admin in the Gold Prospectors of BC FB group (30K members), and use QGIS daily in my work, so I'm looking at mineral and placer claims all the time. Always interested in connecting with like-minded prospectors in the Southern Interior of BC.

One Canadienne coin but the other one is a French Napoléon silver coin from the 1800s

Coin collector for over 60 years:)
Good eye! Many never mind to look into details..Yep the French coin is an 1854, Napoleon the 3rd, 10 centimes Bronze coin. Coin was made from 1852-1857 so just before the start of the famous Fraser or Frazer's river gold rush had begun here in B.C. then (New Caledonia)in 1858.
Found it while metal detecting a stretch of river in post where one is permitted to..
Yes has a lovely tarnish and sounded similar to a silver coin being so large. How it came to be in river could be anyones guess..?
Did read a native trade jargon speaking Frenchman named Ferdinand Boulanger aka Peter Baker and a partner James Houston were prospecting area prior to the 1858 gold rush, but coin could have been dropped by one of the many thousands of prospectors who flooded the interior rivers and creeks during later period searching for gold. Cheers!:occasion14:

Here is an interesting photo of the Lower Tranquille River from the McCord Museum collections.
Screenshot - 2024-08-29T124838.668.png

Last edited:
Also, Thank You! was a great few days out gold panning.:icon_thumright:

@FinderTravis - I'm an admin in the Gold Prospectors of BC FB group (30K members), and use QGIS daily in my work, so I'm looking at mineral and placer claims all the time. Always interested in connecting with like-minded prospectors in the Southern Interior of BC.
Have followed the Gold Prospectors of BC FB group for some time now, is a good one! Often only post finds in more local FB group pages.. Realised i had not shared any of my gold panning adventure finds here on TNet and have seen south of the line plates in PK lot at particular location so figured i'd share for the simple reason of giving a little inspiration. Maybe i will happen by you sometime out there..? though I do often avoid being seen as best I can while out and about. Some of the 'trails' out that way are not for the faint of heart, those with a fear of heights or anyone who is not sure footed.. Cheers and again best of luck!:icon_thumleft:
Screenshot - 2024-08-30T114140.109.png

Last edited:
Good eye! Many never mind to look into details..Yep the French coin is an 1854, Napoleon the 3rd, 10 centimes Bronze coin. Coin was made from 1852-1857 so just before the start of the famous Fraser or Frazer's river gold rush had begun here in B.C. then (New Caledonia)in 1858.
Found it while metal detecting a stretch of river in post where one is permitted to..
Yes has a lovely tarnish and sounded similar to a silver coin being so large. How it came to be in river could be anyones guess..?
Did read a native trade jargon speaking Frenchman named Ferdinand Boulanger aka Peter Baker and a partner James Houston were prospecting area prior to the 1858 gold rush, but coin could have been dropped by one of the many thousands of prospectors who flooded the interior rivers and creeks during later period searching for gold. Cheers!:occasion14:

Here is an interesting photo of the Lower Tranquille River from the McCord Museum collections.View attachment 2166185
Was hoping someone with a keen eye would also notice the dark patch on the rusty old square cut nail exactly matches the iron rust stain on one of the bits of gold.. When one finds those old nails in that creek chances are the gold is hiding very near..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back