Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600

Attachments

• stealth.jpg
    stealth.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,166
Re: Ever thought about "Stealth Detecting??"

I actually have a friend designing some coil sneaker shoes so he can detect a really awsome site right in down town Wash D.C. He says he's taking his time so he can figure out how to dig targets w/o detection. :P

lol too funny!! I wanna stealth detect!! :blob5:

I was thinking of getting that "Bigfoot" (18-inch) metal detector coil,
and somehow posting it on a non-metallic axle with plastic wheels - -
you could cover a lot of territory that way.
Then just put in golf tees where you get a hit, and a probe
pin-pointer . . .
Oh well, the coil sneakers takes the cake!

UncleVinnys said:
Ever thought about "Stealth Detecting??" :icon_scratch:

That is where you put your detector into a stroller or something,
so you could hunt in a park without anyone knowing what you're doing.

Here, a picture is worth a thousand words.
So when someone comes over when they spot you digging, are you going to say you're fixing a flat? :icon_jokercolor:

hmmmm might wanna think on that one and come up with a good story before we go! lol

But officer, honest, it was the biggest darn earthworm you ever saw! I was just trying to catch it to take it home for fish bait.
Al

wouldnt it look kinda funny to see a person swinging a stroller back and forth?
I guess if someone was comming you could stop swinging and just push. :icon_scratch:
Great imagination though!

Next a lawn mower detector. Folks would think you were so nice cause you wanted to mow their lawn (and dig up those pesky dandelions, wink, wink.) and maybe make a buck or two doing it... All the possibilities...

Stealth detecting is easy. It's the stealth digging that is tough.

No. In fact there are places I can detect but not dig (NYS Parks - it's true). Detecting isn't the problem for me. In town parks looking like you are detecting around a tot-lot will bring you less hassle than looking like you're not detecting but just hanging around a tot-lot. :wink:

Well you see officer... I'm replacing the divots the illegal golfers left last night. That's my story & I'm sticking with it!

:D

I have thought of this a LOT in the last two weeks of frustration. Can you imagine what there is on the National Mall? Holy Schlitz.
It has been there since Washington put the corsnerstone to the capitol. 200 years of people lounging and strolling through there. I bet you can quite literally just dig up some soil ANYWHERE ont he mall and something is buried there. Like Hype park in London.
Pull out a detector on the mall and you won't hear the sniper round strike you in the ear from 800 yards away. :)

There is a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wears these funny sneakers . . .

Maybe something along the lines of taking a small coil,
encase it in rubber, and connect it to the bottom of the sole. . .

Run the wire up yer leg . . .
Never mind what the radio waves do to the family jewels.
Most of us are finished having babies anyway!

Attachments

• shoe1.jpg
    shoe1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 965
  • shoe2.jpg
    shoe2.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 956

I personally stay as far away from DC as I possibly can nowadays. But back in the eighties when I had a cause to hang out in the area at times, I recall the bums, whinoes and druggies being so numerous that I doubt the police or anyone else for that matter was spending much time watching out for MDers let alone anyone walking funny because of MD coils in their shoes. If they saw you diggin a hole they'd be much more likely to think you were gettin ready to deficate into it or hiding drugs. If you were searched and found to be carrying suspicious electronics they'd have thought you were a spy for someone and left you be since such things can be very sticky. :D The last hing they want is more paperwork with no case in the end. :P So I guess what I'm saying is although 9-11 has changed things considerably, I'd bet it could still be done but just not by me. :icon_pirat:

UncleVinnys said:
There is a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wears these funny sneakers . . .

Maybe something along the lines of taking a small coil,
encase it in rubber, and connect it to the bottom of the sole. . .

Run the wire up yer leg . . .
Never mind what the radio waves do to the family jewels.
Most of us are finished having babies anyway!
I remember an officer in another department that was a motor officer. Common practice was to use the radar gun & tuck it between your legs to go after the offender. The guns back then were on all the time, and he ended up with testicular cancer. Got a couple of large settlements. We didn't know what we do now...

NO , NEVER THOUGHT OF STEALTH DETECTING,
IN MY AREA OF THE WORLD ITS A LITTLE MORE LAID BACK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back