Ever thought about "Stealth Detecting??"

Re: Ever thought about "Stealth Detecting??"

I wonder if that was a case of " You use it, you lose it ". lol

Desertfox

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Seems deep down,

everyone a thief.

Well, I don't want to do anything illegal.

Not that I'm such a moral person, but with this gorgeous face
of mine, if I ever went to prison, well, you know bad things might happen! :-*
Ha, ha! :D

desertfox said:
I wonder if that was a case of " You use it, you lose it ". lol

Desertfox
I shouldn't be making light of his situation, but I would be worried about shking too hard. Or....

UncleVinnys said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Seems deep down,

everyone a thief.

Well, I don't want to do anything illegal.

Not that I'm such a moral person, but with this gorgeous face
of mine, if I ever went to prison, well, you know bad things might happen! :-*
Ha, ha! :D

I only have two words - protective custody. But at least you'd have some great treasure tales to share with the homies! :D :D :D

it's official......you people have too much time on your hands.

I love it !! :icon_jokercolor:

Ima

What immediately popped into my mind, was two people dancing on a lawn, but the lady had a very large Victorian style dress one, where a midget would hide.

Maybe for your cover story:

"I've been put on community service to clean up pull tabs from this area." :D

When I was stationed in Sicily, they called those people "clandesinie", for clandestine. I must admit, I have done some clandestine detecting in my day!

mikeofaustin said:
What immediately popped into my mind, was two people dancing on a lawn, but the lady had a very large Victorian style dress one, where a midget would hide.

OK, I'll volunteer to be the "midget." ;D

Someone on this forum told me about a well known park that him and his wife would go to. He knew that if park officials caught you that they would take your detector. So they would layout a blanket with a picnic basket. Somehow they would detect from the reclined position and dig also this way. He said he found a lot of old silver this way.

Mirage said:
Someone on this forum told me about a well known park that him and his wife would go to. He knew that if park officials caught you that they would take your detector. So they would layout a blanket with a picnic basket. Somehow they would detect from the reclined position and dig also this way. He said he found a lot of old silver this way.

I had thought about the Aurora Aqua Pulse for a while. It fits on your wrist and is designed for scuba diving. That would be a good stealth tool. I am not sure how well it works and it does cost quite a bit. It has LED lights. Here is a link to see it: http://metaldetectingworld.com/142-1-auroraquapulse.html

Never really thought of stealth detecting. I'm hoping the world isn't quite that ugly yet to where you have to, but I'm sure someday our detecting happiness will be legislated out of existence.

I am, however, working on inventing the worlds first riding metal detector. A true lazy mans dream!

UncleVinnys said:
mikeofaustin said:

OK, I'll volunteer to be the "midget." ;D

Even if the finds aren't good, things would always be looking up for you! :D ;D :D ;D

homestake said:
Years back a fella in the midwest put together a detector cane - it had a 4" black coil, the coil wire ran up an hollowed wood cane. A very small control box was in his jacket pocket and had an wire to an headphone ear plug.
Also knew of a "stealth" crappy looking van - no treasure hunting stickers etc - the thieves weren't attracted to it as it had no appearance of wealth or plunder - but it held mucho treasures by the person operating it - self contained with no need for motels or junk food places.

Yeah, that Van idea is a good one, especially since I'm
living in a van down by the river!

I have a small (4x6") DD coil that would easily work with a cane.
Gotta try that. Still I like the midget under the dress idea best, ha, ha!

Attachments

• farley.jpg
    farley.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 467
  • farley.jpg
    farley.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 467

UncleVinnys said:
homestake said:
Years back a fella in the midwest put together a detector cane - it had a 4" black coil, the coil wire ran up an hollowed wood cane. A very small control box was in his jacket pocket and had an wire to an headphone ear plug.
Also knew of a "stealth" crappy looking van - no treasure hunting stickers etc - the thieves weren't attracted to it as it had no appearance of wealth or plunder - but it held mucho treasures by the person operating it - self contained with no need for motels or junk food places.

Yeah, that Van idea is a good one, especially since I'm
living in a van down by the river!

I have a small (4x6") DD coil that would easily work with a cane.
Gotta try that. Still I like the midget under the dress idea best, ha, ha!

omg I roared on that one Vinney.... your giving away your age, LMBO I loved that on sat. nite live, I live in a van down by the river... omg too dang funny

How about this idea?????

Take some plant seeds with you. If anyone asks what you're doing you simply say "Why Officer I'm planting flowers." Can you be arrested for planting flowers??? ::)

ive got it try to picture this.

A shadowy figure in a dark trench coat with a collar pulled up to his mouth and big dark sun glasses on
then in the middle of a silent you see a pin light and beep beep beep someone yelling "%^&$ a large cent".and then its quiet again and 10 feet later in the night you heart beep beep beep and someone muttering "damn pull tabs i knew the midigt idea was better"

Back in the early 90's when I worked in North Raleigh, it was brought to my attention that there were 2 old houses down this 100 yard long driveway in the woods. Thick woods. I went detecting there and found an 1863 IH. One night after work, I decided that the metal detecting urge was too great. I got my flashlight and decided I would go back to the area that I found the IH and do some night detecting, despite my aprehensions. I walked down the 100 yd, narrow, pitch black dirt road to get to the house. It was impossible to 'watch my back' as it was so black I couldn't see it! I detected for a short while but was so nervous, I got the heck out of there. My experience "stealth" detecting that one dark evening in southern Sicily was weighing on my mind too (detailed in a previous post). I finally settled on the fact that I am not a night-detecting kind of guy. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back