Equinox 700 performance in and under water

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m not taking a chance submerging my Nox 800 again but rather than learning a different machine for water hunting, I’m thinking of the Nox 700. The vibration at the handle to indicate a target seems like a smart idea rather than waterproof headphones but how reliable is it for deep targets? I haven’t read of any 700 leaking problems which is reassuring. Maybe someone could give me a thumbs up or down before I order one.
Thanks,
Slimpickins

Upvote 2
Not sure on the 700 but a friend of mine used the 800 for several years. Rarely did he find gold when we went out, he has the 900 now and seems he does much better. Now I'm having a hard time keeping up with his gold count. I asked what he liked about the 900, he said the numbers are spread out better for targets. I do know my excalibur is still deeper in all metal for I went behind him and had no problem finding deeper good targets but for sure the 900 has changed his luck on finding gold.

I love my 900 and have had it underwater many, many times with no issues, and haven't heard of anyone drowning one. I would still get some wired underwater headphones though. I like the Tony Eisenhower versions.

700 has been trouble free, and used very hard !! Been my best performing and hardiest machine yet from minelab !! Has been exceptionally well for me on gold !! I just went after 3 separate Excalibur users and got some gold masked by poptops...including the big panther and diamond pave ring....vdi numbers are your friend, and multi tones are easier to differentiate than the excal. The excal
20240717_075637.jpg
only goes to deep water environments now (compressed air deeper than 8 feet) if the 700 was rated for deeper dives I wouldn't even use the excal anymore !!

Thanks guys.you’ve answered my question. The 700 will be my next detector

Excalibur is unmatched machine in deep water.
900 is more powerful than 800 and 700.

Excalibur is unmatched machine in deep water.
900 is more powerful than 800 and 700.
The Fisher CZ21 is pretty close for deep water hunts. If you don't need discrimination, there are some PI machines, such as the J.W. Fisher and Aquascan machines that are very deep and reliable for deep water. As for the 900 being more "powerful" than an 800 or 700, it would depend on your definition of powerful. I find it may go a hair deeper than an 800, but, except for the gold mode, it's virtually the same as a 700. Just has a few more tweaks you can do is all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back