Dowsing for Gold- The Complete Experience

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Reed...Like you I will use any and all tools to recover that yellow stuff..Art

Oh yeah, you have a lot of videos there, I'll have to watch them on the new laptop....right now on the old computer running WINXP. I feel that there are a lot of gold miners who could do much better, if they used a little dowsing to find the best placer gold spots.

Thanks guys :) I pretty much do my best to find the gold & dowsing makes a difference especially when I am questioning whether there is gold beneath me or not. I have found great gold inside the area there before. Then dowsing the area really gave me the confidence to dig it all up. Here's where we dug the first time after running the rods the first time for a test. I made this trommel video a couple years ago now in December of 2009 after they outlawed dredging in California... The once golden state, now tarnished all to hell by the greenies...

I was in Quartzite, AZ after the dredging ban in Nov of 2009. You have a lot of equipment to run on a claim. people like me don't have much, since it is so far away to travel for good gold. That was a time I'd really needed to work with some new L-rods made myself. My Gold Bug-2, hadn't used it in a long time, found out the battery supply was too old, lasted only a short while before going dead each trip out. The rods were fun. Met and camped next to these 2 guys who where there in Quartzite because of the dredging ban. Normally these guys would be dredging the Klamath river in CA.One of them named Dan, moved to Florida, but used to have a claim a couple miles NW of the Dome Rock Rd exit. We hiked back looking for the claim using the L-rods. In previous trips, Dan had failed to relocate his old claim. We did follow the L-rods which took us right to it. Never had seen tailing piles before that had trash under the rocks. I moved some very large chunks, you could see nails with other junk was all over. The other guy named Walt, sold me his prize nugget pendant which has a tiny emerald mounted on it. I figured since the chain is the rope type should make a nice pendulum. You could attach the nugget pendant on the end of rope chain, but I can still use as a pendulum like this.

Attachments

• goldnug.jpg
    goldnug.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,341
  • goldnugpend_1x.jpg
    goldnugpend_1x.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 220
  • goldnugpend_2.jpg
    goldnugpend_2.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 197
I sat down and watched part 1-3 straight through. I noticed on video pt 3 those responses with the rods defining the borders of the good gold area. It gets hard to explain this to others, but watching the dowsing process on video is better.

Yep :) I agree. If people watch them like you did, it really is obvious where the line is. Then being pulled to the boulder was very intense because the rods were not going to go any other way. Once the weather clears up a bit, the digging will start & then soon enough the gold after we hit the bedrock. It's 12 feet down so it will take a good hard days shoveling & maybe more depending on boulders. At least it's in a beautiful location, nice & peaceful because there is more work to be done and I have gold on my mind these days as cabin fever starts creeping in through the snow :)

When I was running my trommel up by Foresthill I had a game warden who bugged me every day...He claimed he was just checking my holding pond....Art

Yep :) I agree. If people watch them like you did, it really is obvious where the line is. Then being pulled to the boulder was very intense because the rods were not going to go any other way. Once the weather clears up a bit, the digging will start & then soon enough the gold after we hit the bedrock. It's 12 feet down so it will take a good hard days shoveling & maybe more depending on boulders. At least it's in a beautiful location, nice & peaceful because there is more work to be done and I have gold on my mind these days as cabin fever starts creeping in through the snow :)

I noticed with your rods, as you came to the end, one pointed off in a direction while.....think the other spun around to point also. I've had similar responses. here is an illustration (attempted to explain this before on posts), but not like seeing a video.

Illustration, a single rod swings off to one side, the other moves opposite direction, to angle at first, then keeps going to rotate around once, stopping to point at same location. You mentioned the need to go back, because end of good spot.

Figure _D.jpg

Yeah, weather has been mild this winter so far, at least where I live. We don't really have any close good places to prospect, a few parts of the state got some gold bearing gravels left from glaciers. I can still find chunks of vein rock (some have small amounts of gold) at home by dowsing, that's about the most you can hope for.

Dowsing for Gold

Thanks guys :) I pretty much do my best to find the gold & dowsing makes a difference especially when I am questioning whether there is gold beneath me or not. I have found great gold inside the area there before. Then dowsing the area really gave me the confidence to dig it all up. Here's where we dug the first time after running the rods the first time for a test. I made this trommel video a couple years ago now in December of 2009 after they outlawed dredging in California... The once golden state, now tarnished all to hell by the greenies...

Has anyone with dowsing methods,have had experiences with Jerry Nokes dowsing method or Robert Thomason

I have joska...I bought Jerry Nokes dowsing methods and learned a little from them...I found that it took a lot of printed paper to do it properly...Just like Reeds methods....They all work but work a little different for each of us.....Art

Last edited:
Reed, your the man I would like to talk to.

It's about time someone put up gold dowsing vids on you tube. I commend you for that!
My mining buds all know you, and I live in Grass Valley.

I would like to discuss and compare gold dowsing methods with you. I have a method(or several) that work for me, but am always looking to improve on things.

I am looking for buried caches that the old 49'ers hid, and the GIANT nuggets near the surface. I have access to rich claims in many places.

P.M. me if you will, I am also on GPAA as Bedrock Bubba.

I learned to dowse in 1982, by my fiance, who was great at map dowsing. Did you miss that? I also mentored with George Mancebo, who was an accomplished oil and water dowser. I have had some success, but have not tried much in the way of map dowsing.

I contend that there is a specific way to pinpoint gold in the ground, that few seem to know about.
Also, a little know device called a doodlebug, that finds even fine gold in cracks that I use.

I dealt personally with Robert P Thomason by phone and email last week. Though he's made fantastic claims of dowsing services for the Banco Museum in Ecuador and a silver mining operation out in AZ, when I asked Mr Thomason for references who could vouch for his abilities, he could produce none. Finally on the last call he said that he had a refence on speed dial and that he would email it to me. I emailed the refence, no response. I called the phone number 2 days later. Wrong person who knew neither the reference person nor Mr Thomason. I thus conclude Mr Thomason is a scam or very self deluded. In any case a poor risk for $100 per map of "distance dowsing" service and $300/day plus expenses to travel out to the site in person.

Further I assert that distance dowsing is in fact fictitious mumbo jumbo. If any true believers care to take a hack at finding via distance dowsing, the supposed 83 pounds of gold in the Fairport Harbor, OH area along the West bank of the Grande River stolen from the bank in Canada in 1862 and buried 3 ft down, go ahead and call me some weekend. If you find the 83 pounds of gold , we'll split it and I'll pay for your expense. Meanwhile, I'll be going about it the old school way with researching documents and a Nokta gold king.

Regards, Joe

thanks for trying. My wife commented on the speed of your "Nothing" response with "He's probably buying the airline tickets now.":laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back