Dowsing for Gold- The Complete Experience

Fairport.jpgFairport 2.jpgFairport 4.jpg

My wife and I md'd the area highlighted for gold today. No Gold signals found by the Nokta Golden King. The GPS coordinates given are a ways off from the site, the last 3 numbers are around 245, not 617. Lots of steel and alloy signals. I think it's someone's landfill as I dug the strongest signal (steel), and it turned out to be a very old chest freezer starting about a foot down and continued past 3 1/2 feet. No, no gold or cache in the freezer.

My L-rods fell out of my BDU's somewhere along the way, tricky undergrowth. If any others want to try this site, the 2 properties adjacent to this are currently vacant (Nov 17, 2013). The spot where I dug appeared disturbed from the surface, leaves cleared away. Maybe someone before me ran into the same luck. There is building debris along the beach, iron/steel RR rail piece found, 6x6 timbers with bolts at water's edge, and drain pipe pieces of all sizes.

Objectively, if the story about the stolen gold is true, I don't think a Lake Erie worthy vessel could clear its draft in such shallow water.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back