Detector recommendation please

webphut

Oct 8, 2024
I am considering returning to the hobby of metal detecting at local parks, my backyard, horse trails and possibly some of the nearby schools. The last detector I owned was a Whites Gold Master III from 1997. Two things that I think I could learn to love is automatic simultaneous multi frequency and automatic ground balancing. The Garrett Ace 150, 200, and 250 have my attention. I absolutely love the simplicity of them. I am not sure if these come with automatic simultaneous multi frequency and auto ground balancing though. All recommendations for me would be appreciated.

Upvote 1
I am considering returning to the hobby of metal detecting at local parks, my backyard, horse trails and possibly some of the nearby schools. The last detector I owned was a Whites Gold Master III from 1997. Two things that I think I could learn to love is automatic simultaneous multi frequency and automatic ground balancing. The Garrett Ace 150, 200, and 250 have my attention. I absolutely love the simplicity of them. I am not sure if these come with automatic simultaneous multi frequency and auto ground balancing though. All recommendations for me would be appreciated.
I would look into the Xterra Pro, or the Xterra Elite, or even the Nokta Double & Triple Score metal detectors.

I would look into the Xterra Pro, or the Xterra Elite, or even the Nokta Double & Triple Score metal detectors.
I've had good luck with the DEUS machines, if just for parks and such the DEUS I would do.
They can be kinda expensive though..

Years ago me and my hunting partner swore off Garrets just too unreliable, whites were great machines in their day but gone out of business :dontknow:
Tesoro also was a good machine, but now gone

Those Garrett detectors do not have multi frequency, they do make a couple models that do though. I would look at Nokta, Minelab and XP detectors.

There is a lot of answers you could give us and that would help with a sugestion.
Ability understand computer technecology
WHat type of area you will mainly be detecting
Amount you are able to spend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back