jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And Put the Carpet in to fill the hole Left where it was.
The dogs just sat there because it was Disturbed Ground or the Carpet had dog urine in it.

Depending on what was in the Original Cache The Dogs may have Smelled that also. Paper Money, Pot, Drugs , Ammo, Copper

Columbus police investigating after woman makes strange discovery in her backyard​

"What's in the rug?" Viral TikToks lead to police investigation of rug buried in Columbus yard​

Last edited:
And Put the Carpet in to fill the hole Left where it was.
The dogs just sat there because it was Disturbed Ground or the Carpet had dog urine in it.

Depending on what was in the Original Cache The Dogs may have Smelled that also. Paper Money, Pot, Drugs , Ammo, Copper

Columbus police investigating after woman makes strange discovery in her backyard​

"What's in the rug?" Viral TikToks lead to police investigation of rug buried in Columbus yard​

These were likely special cadaver dogs.

Columbus police have concluded an investigation after a woman posted on TikTok that she may have discovered a body buried in her yard.

Well I am stuffed then. I have in one of my rental properties buried old carpet instead of paying exorbitant dump fees. I guess police are going to dig that up too now?

A sad sign of the times people think that way.

Crow
I did the exact same thing Crow. My very old home had privy pits all around the outside edge. I dug 6-7 of them up and now have about 300 old antique bottles. I had a blast seeing what I might find. I used a 5' X 1/4" T-handled steel rod to find them. I had remodeled 3 bedrooms upstairs and rolled up the old carpet and put in garage. So I cut the carpet up and put into the deep holes and buried it all when done. The very elderly lady next door walked over and asked me "What's in the rolled up carpet".... I said "Nothing". She just assumed something was.

I did the exact same thing Crow. My very old home had privy pits all around the outside edge. I dug 6-7 of them up and now have about 300 old antique bottles. I had a blast seeing what I might find. I used a 5' X 1/4" T-handled steel rod to find them. I had remodeled 3 bedrooms upstairs and rolled up the old carpet and put in garage. So I cut the carpet up and put into the deep holes and buried it all when done. The very elderly lady next door walked over and asked me "What's in the rolled up carpet".... I said "Nothing". She just assumed something was.
Ha1 you could of had fun with her with one. but you might got a visit by the police!

I used old carpet as weed matting under garden beds then covered with bark chips. it will rot away eventually anyway. Dump fees are ludicrous where I live. To dump and old bed mattress is it as nearly as much to buy a new one.

And the powers to be wonder why old bed mattresses are dumped everywhere?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back